THE electrician

Crafty, you've used black (taped blue) as your neutral , and grey (taped green/yellow) as your earth.

If the electrician decides to swap the grey and the black cables of the swa(to the iee guidelines grey sleeved blue to neutral - black sleeved green/yellow to earth ) , I wonder if he'll join that black wire with a choc block , to take it over to the earth terminal as it will probably be a bit short to reach over.

Be interesting that one!! Crafty's nice new shed install gets choc - blocked!!!

Sponsored Links
He came today, has quoted £40-50 to run that cable into the house, terminate on a metal box near the floor, and run T+E up to his CU. Said he might do it tomorrow. I think the price is fair, 2 hours labour, all materials supplied. He had a quick look in the shed, it will be interesting to see if he opens up the CU to see what ive done.

I was shocked by his manhandling of the SWA - i asked the neatest / best way to bend it on an external corner, and he just took it and bent it into a fairly sharp 90 deg. corner :eek: :!: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back