The final say, combi boilers and two showers....

Can a combi boiler supply 2 showers with no noticeable drop in performance at the same time.

• YES, a combi boiler can supply two showers at the same time.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NO, a combi boiler cannot supply two showers at the same time.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Maybe, too many variables, this is a rubbish question.

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Standard Grohe shower with a very good water supply.

Simple test to put on shower and see if flow rate changes when basin tap is turned on, and it did not!

I don't take a flow cup but instead calibrate a container already there!

Do take my pocket multimeter though!

Was amused by one small champagne producer who showed us their old wooden press and said they preferred that to the modern electrical one that he said was always breaking down!

Sponsored Links
Interesting post. I was actually looking for the same answer and come across this post. I've read the reviews and opinions and made my own decision based on my own research along with various different quotes and site surveys. It's ridiculous how many engineers came, turned on the kitchen cold tap ' yes mate combi will do ya just fine'. This is even without understanding my needs.

There's more to it. So I did my own testing. I checked my blue pipe size I have a 20mm. Not the biggest but it delivers around 35 litres or there about via the garden tap which is not restricted. I measured with using a weir cup which is designed to measure flow rates.

Next bar pressure, dependent on the time of day it's Around 2.8 and with one outlet running around 1.5 and with 2 outlets running around 0.8

So can a combination boiler deal with two showers running at once?

If all the variables add up then yes.

I've now had both shower rooms redone, and new mixer bars installed - methvan. I've also installed flow restrictors to balance both shower if they are running at the same time. These are simple to install as they pop into the shower handset. The shower are now capped at 10lts per minute each.

When both showers are running at the same time there is little fluctuations unless somebody is running the kitchen tap the one shower slows down alot..

I hope that this information helps somebody.

I've had the ideal vogue 40kw combi install and it's a beast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back