The final say, combi boilers and two showers....

Can a combi boiler supply 2 showers with no noticeable drop in performance at the same time.

• YES, a combi boiler can supply two showers at the same time.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NO, a combi boiler cannot supply two showers at the same time.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Maybe, too many variables, this is a rubbish question.

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be quite honest if a customer wants two showers with a combi I always advise that one of them is an electric one in case of breakdown.Bob

Sponsored Links
I just advise them to have as many showers as they want but to just use one at a time!

I do suggest those with three showers to have the third as electric if it is a combi boiler.

But a cylinder has the option of electric heating if the gas boiler is out of service! An often forgotten advantage of a cylinder!

Not sure if the spray will show up but these are two roses running the same time from one shower control with the adjacent hot tap on the basin running also only hot. The showers were hot and cold mixed to a bit below too hot for me. Not very scientific but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 279
Sponsored Links
Er.... yes!

But what are those three pictures meant to demonstrate?

A combi providing hot water, useable hot water, to two shower roses and a hot tap simultaneously, sort of answering the question in a demonstrable way rather than just writing and giving an opinions.

Obviously a combi can provide hot water to a number of outlets at the same time. The flow rates at each outlet can be manually adjusted to "balance" the flows to levels of flow that are acceptable for those using those outlets. When some one or some thing (*) changes the flow at an outlet and thus disturbs the "balance" the flow rates at other outlets may become un-acceptable, ( or in extreme unbalance, hazardous )

(*) in a friend's house it is not pleasant having a shower when the washing machine is operation.

Vulcancontinental, is that hot water by any chance being provided by a Vokera boiler?

But the flow rate looks, as far as the photo seems to show, a pretty poor flow rate from each outlet.

It would have been better if you had moved the hand shower to the side so that its flow could be viewed on its own.

To complete the picture it should also have shown the rain shower being used on its own.

Tony

I'll have a go at that and video it if I can with a thermometer to give you temperatures. Remember that this is one shower but with the selector set in mid position to supply both outlets and the basin tap on hot only all running simultaneously. It is indeed a Vokera boiler, my own house though of course a lesser boiler of similar power should perform the same with the same cold supply. Might try to get flow rate too though difficult with the large outlet.

A rain shower is easy to flow rate if you use a volumatically calibrated bucket !

Place I stayed in at Rheims recently had a Grohe shower like that. With the proper hotel hot water supply, I have to say it worked extremely well and if I ever get round to connecting my cylinder up I just might get a cheaper copy.

A rain shower is easy to flow rate if you use a volumatically calibrated bucket !

Place I stayed in at Rheims recently had a Grohe shower like that. With the proper hotel hot water supply, I have to say it worked extremely well and if I ever get round to connecting my cylinder up I just might get a cheaper copy.
Have you a picture of the shower also doubt you would match a grohe shower with a Chinese copy;)

Plenty of pictures of Grohe products in their catalogue.

After spending all day taking pictures of Champagne production and vineyards I did not see any need to take more of the bedroom.

But to keep you amused how about these, more fun than plumbing photos!

Last edited:
upload_2017-8-7_11-16-15.png

Choosing my bottle!

upload_2017-8-7_11-17-4.png

Checking the damage caused by the air frost earlier in the year.

Plenty of pictures of Grohe products in their catalogue.

After spending all day taking pictures of Champagne production and vineyards I did not see any need to take more of the bedroom.

But to keep you amused how about these, more fun than plumbing photos!
You took your flow cup so would have thought you would have taken a photo;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back