The flawed economic model.

Sponsored Links
so your saying control the market?
Very dodgy ground

No one has a right to own a property you have to earn it

Well, when it was allowed to run out of control.....we inherited the disaster that we have now in the housing market.

Surely we have a right to a roof over our heads....my son and his fiance both work....they want a settled home to bring up a family.....but prices have now gone too high for them to obtain a mortgage.

so your saying control the market?
Very dodgy ground

No one has a right to own a property you have to earn it

Well, when it was allowed to run out of control.....we inherited the disaster that we have now in the housing market.

Surely we have a right to a roof over our heads....my son and his fiance both work....they want a settled home to bring up a family.....but prices have now gone too high for them to obtain a mortgage.

Supply and demand.. Move some where cheaper

No right to buy where you want just the ability to pay

Or rent

Sponsored Links
High property prices help no-one but it was a big party at the time. Borrow against your house and when prices rise you get your money back. That was the Nu-lab game. Keep the punter happy and get out of office before the brown stuff hits the spinning thing.

High property prices help no-one but it was a big party at the time. Borrow against your house and when prices rise you get your money back. That was the Nu-lab game. Keep the punter happy and get out of office before the brown stuff hits the spinning thing.

If you were mug enough to play it serves you right

spacecat";p="2110177 said:

Well, that reply is just a bit clinical for me spacecat ..... you don't take into account the ties that you have to your family, your friends.....the place that you were born.
Also, if they moved would there be a guarantee of a job ...... they could be worse off.
There is no easy solution.

No one said life was fair, you want to live in a capitalist free market this is the price you pay

Joe.... It has been going on for many years... It is only relative if you are selling to downsize.. If not, the property market is stagnant...

Susiejb";p="2110189 said:

Well, that reply is just a bit clinical for me spacecat ..... you don't take into account the ties that you have to your family, your friends.....the place that you were born.
Also, if they moved would there be a guarantee of a job ...... they could be worse off.
There is no easy solution.

Susie... I am sure you mean well for your family... BUT.. there is no such thing as a guaranteed job, happiness or life....

The solution is to get on with what you have....

Susie... I am sure you mean well for your family... BUT.. there is no such thing as a guaranteed job, happiness or life....

The solution is to get on with what you have....

Yes I know ......... I care for them .....that is all :)

spacecat";p="2110116 said:
Susiejb";p="2109987 said:
Its only in this country that we are so obsessed with owning property.thank Maggie for that
people in europe don't care about it and renting is not a stigma

Not true - The Spanish, Italians, and Irish all have a greater proportion of owner-occupiers than the British. I heard on R5 the other day that even Romania has a higher proportion than the UK.

I don't see what's so "great" about renting - at least if you own your own house, you're paying for something you will eventually own. Renting is like feudalism - making the few very rich, while the masses just keep working and paying, and never owning anything.

I must have been very naive, but I couldn't believe it when I was told a couple of years ago, that loads of people were extending their mortgages (on the basis of increasing prices), then using that money as additional salary. All well and good until the property bubble burst :eek: And there was me thinking you had to earn it to spend it - how foolish I was :rolleyes:

Brigadier";p="2110216 said:
spacecat";p="2110116 said:
Its only in this country that we are so obsessed with owning property.thank Maggie for that
people in europe don't care about it and renting is not a stigma

Not true - The Spanish, Italians, and Irish all have a greater proportion of owner-occupiers than the British. I heard on R5 the other day that even Romania has a higher proportion than the UK.

I don't see what's so "great" about renting - at least if you own your own house, you're paying for something you will eventually own. Renting is like feudalism - making the few very rich, while the masses just keep working and paying, and never owning anything.

I must have been very naive, but I couldn't believe it when I was told a couple of years ago, that loads of people were extending their mortgages (on the basis of increasing prices), then using that money as additional salary. All well and good until the property bubble burst :eek: And there was me thinking you had to earn it to spend it - how foolish I was :rolleyes:

I think you are wrong there.... The spanish rent as do the italians...

It is only this greedy country that wants to buy...

But for what....

When times get bad (as they will) you have a place you cannot be evicted from (if it's paid off).

Sponsored Links
Back