The future is wind and solar.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately there is a problem with every energy supply we use.

We need to move forward on Nuclear Fusion, once we get that cracked the power companies will be paying us to use electric. That was the saying back in the day when they were setting up nuclear power wasn't it?

All being well nuclear fusion will cause an accident that will wipe us off the face of the Earth. Give the reptiles another go I say.

Nuclear fusion may never be possible. Certainly not in time for when the oil is running out (just about now).

Thought they had managed it on a small scale? For short periods of time? Prog I saw might have been on with Prof Brian Cox in it? Gonna have to root around the internet now to find a reference.

But still, thats the next energy leap thats likely to happen, not heard of amany more future alternatives.

Sponsored Links
Thought they had managed it on a small scale? For short periods of time? Prog I saw might have been on with Prof Brian Cox in it? Gonna have to root around the internet now to find a reference.
I don't think the ever smirking Prof Cox will solve anything. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He doesn't even write his own script.

Well the future is hydrogen, we just need to get there. Short term we need to build conventional fission reactors like fecking crazy. Then spend money on thorium reactors to see if they can help out over the medium term. Should have gone thorium to start but they didn't create the raw materials for nuclear weapons and that was the real driver behind the civil nuclear power programme.

It was also a crime to spend all those hundreds of billions on invading Iraq, think what that sort of money could have done for energy research, too many vested interests though. Who knows, that sort of money might have got us though the problems we are having with fusion.

We no longer have the cash in the west though, let's hope the developing world gets it sorted and doesn't charge us too much to use their technology.

Fat chance of that of course.

Here's an idea, why don't we all stop being greedy.

Back to cave dwelling and no mod cons.

I guess my idea is flawed because a load of people would have to die as we all can't possibly live in the warmer climes.

The meek WILL inherit the Earth.

Yeah. if you look at the roadmap for commercial fusion its beyond my lifetime and dependent on another generation of test reactors and they don't know how they will be built yet.

Need fission right now or the lights will go out. not enough being generated and the stuff that is will be too expensive.

If the people on the planet stopped eating meat the looming energy crisis would disappear.
The fuel expended producing it and the amount of deforestation for new grazing lands is huge.
13 million hectares of forest world wide are bull dozed every year. Most of which will never be replanted.

We currently consume at the rate of one and a half planet earths!

New methods of producing energy is not the answer and I hope any attempts fail. Which they look likely to do so.
My farm (small holding) produces beef. :rolleyes:

If the people on the planet stopped eating meat the looming energy crisis would disappear.
The fuel expended producing it and the amount of deforestation for new grazing lands is huge.
13 million hectares of forest are bull dozed every year. Most of which will never be replanted.

We currently consume at the rate of one and a half planet earths!

New methods of producing energy is not the answer and I hope any attempts fail. Which they look likely to do so.
My farm produces beef. :rolleyes:

Less animals also means less methane produced which is one of the worst greenhouse gases.

Yes but methane doesn't hang around. It converts to CO2 within a very short relative timeframe. As the CO2 that came from the methane came from plants the cows eat it's CO2 neutral i.e not a problem.

The problem with CO2 is we are releasing huge amounts of the stuff which has been trapped under the earth's surface for a very long time. The earth will clearly compensate but we aren't going to like what that means to us.

But certainly with the developing world getting richer and getting a taste for meat those of us in the west had better start looking at it as a luxury. Like it was in the old days, we will be healthier as a result so lets look on the bright side.

Sponsored Links
Back