The gutter press at it sgain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Not sure about being racially motivated, but the guy has been tried and found guilty by the press without any charges being brought against him. Seems to me more a case of me too getting the hump about being out of the limelight due to BLM. Never heard of him, but feel sorry for him at the moment, if he IS found guilty, then that's a different matter.

Sponsored Links
He has sort of admitted it now, plus another 6 have come forward. If this keeps up it’ll be as many as Boris’s kids.

Speaking of people less fortunate than ourselves, like editors of The Guardian. Whenever I'm in Truro I try and pick up a 'Big Issue', it's £3 or £3.50 so I give a fiver and refuse the change, he always appreciates it and is always nice.
They only went back to work a couple of weeks ago after a year off. The magazine got some funds by going online but continued to give the 'sellers' 40 quid a fortnight as a subsistence payment. I like the charity and the motives behind it, I was so pleased to see the seller back on the streets I gave him either £10 or £20 (I genuinely can't remember), some people see them as beggars, I don't, I admire them, working to get themselves back on their feet.
For the avoidance of doubt, I've donated **** all to The Guardian.

I'm not sure I understand the bone of contention in this thread.

Are the RWR inferring that the bloke has been accused because he was black? Or saying that being black means he is a scape goat? Or are that saying the women are targeting him for their accusations because he is black.

None of the RWR posts are coherent or have any direction. Or is it an attack on the Guardian for reporting the (much reported by all news outlets) story?:unsure:

Can you clarify your gripe please Dangee?
Any chance dangee, PLEASE?

Speaking of people less fortunate than ourselves, like editors of The Guardian. Whenever I'm in Truro I try and pick up a 'Big Issue', it's £3 or £3.50 so I give a fiver and refuse the change, he always appreciates it and is always nice.
They only went back to work a couple of weeks ago after a year off. The magazine got some funds by going online but continued to give the 'sellers' 40 quid a fortnight as a subsistence payment. I like the charity and the motives behind it, I was so pleased to see the seller back on the streets I gave him either £10 or £20 (I genuinely can't remember), some people see them as beggars, I don't, I admire them, working to get themselves back on their feet.
For the avoidance of doubt, I've donated **** all to The Guardian.
the last time I was out and about in town, I gave a BI seller 5 quid. Meagre but it's all I had left. Dunno how on earth they are coping in the lock-down.:unsure:

i chip in a bit every month to help those less fortunate than myself, and Mottie. I'm sure you do the same.

I may have mentioned it before but we struggle to find a 'tip' for the takeaway delivery driver because not going down the pub results in me not coming home with a pocket full of change. I read last year that Big Issue sellers are using 'chip and pin' machines as so few people carry cash.

Every weekend a family setup beg at the traffic lights at the junction of the North circular at Bounds Green. The men fold there ankles over with a crutch propping them up & knock on car windows asking for money.
The “mother” is a source of weekly entertainment.
My daughter has a weekend job next to Alexander palace. We take great delight guessing where the mum beggar has placed the hump in her back this week, it’s different every week! She didn’t believe me originally & typically as a student thought I was just an old fashioned racist bigot. Now, just showing her the real world, she just thinks I’m old fashioned (even though she requisitioned all my old Versace jeans!)
Anyway, about a month ago, her being very kind & caring offered one of them items of food from her lunch. I kid you not, the (probably Roma) beggar mum looked at her in disgust & said “no GIVE ME MONEY” no please or manners. Just GIVE ME MONEY.
I always say on here that I make my decisions & opinions from my experiences........ my daughter is beginning to discover that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back