The gutter press at it sgain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if dangee will ever explain his opening post...?:unsure:
I think JohnD's observation was the most accurate:
Dangee has learned a new word, and is trying to show off by using it randomly.
Dangee is also seeking transam's appreciation by mimicking the racially motivated hatred.
Gullible people are easily radicalised.
Dangee is a perfect example of someone experiencing insecurity so they mimic other's behaviour in the hope of being accepted into that company.

Sponsored Links
She may be poor but she soon sussed you out.

I disagree.

There are cultural differences between different ethnicities. Some cultures do have undesirable characteristics that show lack of integrity.

You might argue Dangee is stereotyping, but I disagree it's showing racism or bigotry.

If a persons experience is that a certain culture is perhaps untrustworthy, I see nothing wrong with perceiving that characteristic to be connected to that culture.....provided it doesn't become unconscious bias and that person doesn't pre judge.

Last edited:
I have responded to your trolling, Dangee, but as you have me on ignore, you can't see my response. :ROFLMAO:

You didn't think about that when you started your trolling thread, you fool. :ROFLMAO:

Oh that reminds me I'd forgotten to put you ignore I'll remedy that now.
You didn't know what an illegal imigrant was, apparently you say you'd asked twice as I don't really read you posts I'd missed it .....

I hope this helps you https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-bill-2015-16

It explains what an illegal immigrants is ....enjoy.
Those crossing the chanel and forcing their way in to this country fall in to this category......you believe differently ?

Oh that reminds me I'd forgotten to put you ignore I'll remedy that now.
You didn't know what an illegal imigrant was, apparently you say you'd asked twice as I don't really read you posts I'd missed it .....

I hope this helps you https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-bill-2015-16

It explains what an illegal immigrants is ....enjoy.
Those crossing the chanel and forcing their way in to this country fall in to this category......you believe differently ?
I asked what the legal route was for claiming asylum. You appear to not know because you've presented a summary of what the UK intends to do to combat illegal migration. It does not explain the legal route for migration. Therefore it does not answer the question.

That has already been provided yesterday, I believe, from another government source. I suggest you revise the other discussions to acquaint yourself with the legal route for migration, which is to arrive in UK (by any means) and claim asylum. Therefore all refugees crossing the channel (by any means) intending to claim asylum and surrendering to immigration officers are legal asylum seekers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I disagree.
You are entitled to disagree. But don't you think your efforts would be better served discouraging Dangee from making racially offensive comments, rather than defending, excusing and encouraging his racially offensive comments. For instance, you could have explained to him why his comment was racially offensive. You chose instead to excuse his comment as 'racially stereotyping'.

In addition, you expect to have an adult, rational and intelligent discussion about Dangee's mimicry of another poster's racially offensive behaviour? Really? But OK, let's go.......

There are cultural differences between different ethnicities.
Of course, in food, clothes, accents, language, ceremonies, music, art. In fact there are so many differences it's hard to recollect them all.
But culture can be more multifaceted and nuanced than mere ethnicity.
Within a white, 'English' ethnicity there are many different cultures, goths, mods, rockers, punks, OAPs, upper class, working class, layabouts, scroungers, politicians, estate agents ;), Gay, homophobic, Christians, even racism is a culture, etc, etc. They don't all have moral and presentable ethics, nor honesty, nor integrity. But the exception does not prove the rule, nor does it disprove it.

Some cultures do have undesirable characteristics that show lack of integrity.
Now this is where we differ. for sure there are some cultures with questionable ethics, with distasteful behaviour, etc. But culture is not dependent on ethnicity. And Dangee addressed his offensive comments to an ethnicity, not to a culture.

You might argue Dangee is stereotyping, but I disagree it's showing racism or bigotry.
Stereotyping is also known as prejudice, especially when it is behaviour displayed against several foreign groups, and even more so when it is blatant mimicry of another's racially offensive behaviour. That prejudice, discrimination, and offensive behaviour is also known as racism, especially when it is manifested against an ethnicity, not a culture.
Rethinking racial stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination
Racial stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination reflect the human tendencies to conceptualize and value certain configurations of phenotypic features differently, and act on these thoughts and feelings in our interactions with members of racial categories.
https://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2006/04/maddox

If a persons experience is that a certain culture is perhaps untrustworthy, I see nothing wrong with perceiving that characteristic to be connected to that culture.....provided it doesn't become unconscious bias and that person doesn't pre judge.
So if it's conscious bias it's not prejudice?
If a person is prejudging they are stereotyping, and vice versa.
In addition, you have addressed cultural differences, that is not the same as ethnic differences, see above.

Notch. My best friend is Romanian. He’s been here about 20 years now. I met him when an electrician asked me if his friend could work with me occasionally, for no payment.
I said yes of course & paid him a starting salary if £100.00 pd. I’d never take advantage of someone the way that they take advantage of each other.
Anyway, these Roma Gypsies have been doing these lights for years now. We was in the van once & he spoke to them but quickly did the window up, although the dialect was slight different,he told me what they were & what they are like. Even in Romania,you avoid this type at all times.
Remember, experience is what I go on. I try my very best not to judge a book by irs cover. I’d be a pretty bad racist to be married to a stunning mixed race woman (I’m always told I’m punching well above my weight) & a best friend who is Romanian.

Notch. My best friend is Romanian. He’s been here about 20 years now. I met him when an electrician asked me if his friend could work with me occasionally, for no payment.
I said yes of course & paid him a starting salary if £100.00 pd. I’d never take advantage of someone the way that they take advantage of each other.
Anyway, these Roma Gypsies have been doing these lights for years now. We was in the van once & he spoke to them but quickly did the window up, although the dialect was slight different,he told me what they were & what they are like. Even in Romania,you avoid this type at all times.
Remember, experience is what I go on. I try my very best not to judge a book by irs cover. I’d be a pretty bad racist to be married to a stunning mixed race woman (I’m always told I’m punching well above my weight) & a best friend who is Romanian.
Yes indeed.

The problem with comments posted in a forum is that they are simply that; comments.....which don't convey the nuance needed for correct interpretation.

If you've had negative experiences with interactions you've had or people you know have had with a particular ethnic minority for example the Roma community, then your honest view will be negative.

The question is guess is whether your negative experience leads you to merely be cautious towards Roma's or has lead you to have a stereotyped view which is therefore prejudice. But that is not something those of us on the forum can judge and nor should we. I've no doubt Bobby's posts are meant with good intent, but he is wrong to judge, it's not helpful.

But don't you think your efforts would be better served discouraging Dangee from making racially offensive comments, rather than defending, excusing and encouraging his racially offensive comments

I am sorry, but no I don't.

I don't agree they were racially offensive....that is your interpretation.

I think you need to see how your posts are received...calling people out as racist puts people's backs up.

I'm not sure what your motivation is?

I am sorry, but no I don't.
I don't agree they were racially offensive....that is your interpretation.
You're entitled to disagree, but your disagreement does encourage such posters as Dangee and transam to continue their racially motivated offensiveness. That may not be what you intended, but it is the result of your defence of their behaviour.
If someone stereotypes others based on their appearance and behaviour, and assumes their ethnicity based on that appearance and behaviour, and assumes those characteristics are endemic due to their ethnicity, or associates that behaviour to the whole ethnic group, it is racism, pure and simple. There is no excuse, no defence, and there should be no encouragement.
Dangee assumed someone's ethnicity, and in the same instance associated a behaviour as typical of that ethnicity.

Recently Dangee has posted frequent racist comments. This is not the first or only incidence. If he was merely mimicking another's behaviour, because he thought it was amusing, it illustrates how easily pervasive racist behaviour can become.
We could evaluate why Dangee thought it would be amusing and he chose to copy another's racially offensive behaviour, but it would show Dangee to be either a lying troll, or a racist troll. I'm happy to explore that further.

I think you need to see how your posts are received...calling people out as racist puts people's backs up.
But you're quite content for racially motivated comments to be offensive? You choose to defend those comments based on the idea that opposition to racially motivated comments may be abrasive?
I think you need to reappraise your priorities.
When those racially motivated offensive comments come thick and fast from one who is gullibly mimicking another, they are even more offensive.
Overt and blatant racism attracts attracts similar minded people and a culture of racism becomes endemic.
Yes, racism is a culture also, a culture that you are content to see reinforced, by your defence, excuse and encouragement of it.

I'm not sure what your motivation is?
I'd have thought it was pretty obvious, I find the promotion of racially motivated hatred offensive, and immoral. I object, and confront racism whenever and wherever I encounter it.
I find the promotion of violence by genocidal maniacs utterly disgusting and despicable.

What is your motivation for excusing, defending and encouraging stereotyping, bigotry or racism, however you choose to describe it?

I suggest you re-read the thread from the start, and bear in mind who started the thread and why.

r disagreement does encourage such posters as Dangee and transam to continue their racially motivated offensiveness. That may not be what you intended, but it is the result of your defence of their behaviour

Codswallop

Transam makes those posts to wind you up....so it's the result of your behaviour, not mine.

Codswallop

Transam makes those posts to wind you up....so it's the result of your behaviour, not mine.
That can't be true, because transam is supposedly ignoring me, and his racially motivated comments started long before I joined.
So, if he is trolling to wind me up, he must be seeing the results of his trolling, so he's lying.
If he does not see the results of his trolling, then he is just a racist.
So he's either a lying troll, or he's a racist troll. What is your opinion.
My money is on both being true.

Let us also not forget that DIYnot has facilitated and protected transam's racially motivated offensive comments to persist from whoever knows when.

Last edited:
That's only saying what you do.
It doesn't explain your motivation.
The bits in red is why I do what I do.
Now I've answered your question twice, will you answer mine?

I'd have thought it was pretty obvious, I find the promotion of racially motivated hatred offensive, and immoral. I object, and confront racism whenever and wherever I encounter it.
I find the promotion of violence by genocidal maniacs utterly disgusting and despicable.

What is your motivation for excusing, defending and encouraging stereotyping, bigotry or racism, however you choose to describe it?

You choose to defend those comments based on the idea that opposition to racially motivated comments may be abrasive

By using the phrase "Racially motivated comments" you are stating opinion as fact.

Where have I supported racially motivated comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back