Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i visited Blackpool at
the weekend my eyes bounced out of my head when i saw the car parking fee,s

up to 4 hours is £4.50
over 4 hours is £7.00

the place is a dump i will not be going there again
how can they charge these rates its extortion.

Sponsored Links
i have a new invention in mind, if a car is parked
this so called parking by Law standards would mean that 4 wheels would be touching the ground
what if i sold an inflatable which lifted the car off the ground with no wheels touching the road this is not parking its called levertating
just a simple device which is rolled under the car and the pump is plugged in the cigy lighter, up in ten seconds.

Does sound a bit steep. Last few times i've been to Blackpool i've been on the train so wasn't affected. Car parking charges are generally a rip-off anyway. If you want reasonable charge head for Devon - last time i was down there the machines charged something like 10p for 20mins. So if you just wanted to park while you nipped for a butty at lunchtime you don't have to fork out for an hours ticket for a five minute stay. And at 60p per hour it's about the cheapest i've seen for a long while.

Sponsored Links
Hardly the most expensive parking in Britain though, is it?

I remember a few years ago the meters down my old street in London were earning more by the hour than the parking wardens! IIRC it was £2 for 10 minutes. :eek:

i visited Blackpool at
the weekend my eyes bounced out of my head when i saw the car parking fee,s

up to 4 hours is £4.50
over 4 hours is £7.00

the place is a dump i will not be going there again
how can they charge these rates its extortion.

You should come to York if you think that's bad.....

You should come to York if you think that's bad.....

Yeah - don't ever take a car to York!

But then the high prices there are to discourage people parking in the city and to encourage people to use public transport/ P&R. Don't think town centre parking is an issue in Blackpool?

I take it that you used the central car parks then?

I used to just drive past them & out again, then go several streets inland to find a back street, there are some.
Palatine road usually had a few spare spaces.

It's only a short walk. :D

Come to Liskeard in Cornwall. 10p for first hour - bags of time for a quick shop and a coffee. (if you have a residents card its just 5p)

I take it that you used the central car parks then?

I used to just drive past them & out again, then go several streets inland to find a back street, there are some.
Palatine road usually had a few spare spaces.

It's only a short walk. :D

not any more mi old mucka they are all permit holders now best thing to do is not go there, BLACKPOOL is the worst place in the northwest and the most expensive, save yea money go elsewhere its the pits.

They also have a car parking con so be carefull if yea go here i was stung last year, they have a black line at the side of the kerb and after 6 pm it becomes a taxi rank no signs telling you nothing in the high way code its just blackpool council rules.

Just done a job in westminster.

Con charge & parking £35-40 a day. Yup thats £200 a week tax, about £700 on the cost of a rewire when alls done, just to be "allowed" to go and work in someones flat. and to think people think they are being ripped off with stuff like VAT. But nay worry brown says he's doing everything he can to help small businesses, guess he can't afford to lose the revenue.

you should "sign up" to the pay by credit card thing, its cheaper and easier.

You should have parked in Preston for free, and walked into Blackpool

The wheel clampers in Hull charge £250 to release the denver boot.and they only take cash,theres been a story running in the local rag for over a week now now about a certain security firm who lie in wait for motorist's to park their cars on bits of private land dotted in and around Hull.theres been so much outrage of the tattics of this firm that the local council as dispensed with their services,nobody as far as i know as paid less than £250 to get their car released.

Parking in the multi storey above the town centre shopping centre is £1.20 each for the 1st and 2nd hours, then £1 each for 3rd and 4th, then over 5 hours up to 7 hours is a flat fee of £5. Over 7 hours is about £50 or something extortoinate. This makes it better value the longer you stay, since 7 hours is plenty for anyone, and they get more money in the shops.

Local Tesco in town centre charges nothing for first 2 hours, then £70 from 2:01 upwards. :cool: Its a camera controlled car park. They post you your charges.

Doncaster council are raising street and car park parking charges by 20% this year.

Sponsored Links
Back