The Police Don't

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have dealt with the Police it is crucial you get a log number relating to the incident especially if you are thinking of escalating the matter. If you didn,t get a log number ring them or ask for another visit and get one. Think of a log number as a receipt.

Sponsored Links
Just out of curiosity OP, have you been sending more threatening e-mails out? You not shy of it are you? Maybe your next victim took matter into his / her own hands?

You still haven't explained why you were banned previously. Did the police finally collar you over 'certain' mails sent to a fellow diynot user?

Mr. W.

Just out of curiosity OP, have you been sending more threatening e-mails out? You not shy of it are you? Maybe your next victim took matter into his / her own hands?

You still haven't explained why you were banned previously. Did the police finally collar you over 'certain' mails sent to a fellow diynot user?

Mr. W.

well b*gger me.. ;) interesting allegations there MrW, tell us more !! :p :p

Sponsored Links
The plot thickens!!

Fekkin' ell tell me about it! This is why moderators shouldn't hide. When I was a mod on a car forum we used to be able to track users IP addresses and could tell you straight away if a user had 2 names.

The plot thickens!!

Fekkin' ell tell me about it! This is why moderators shouldn't hide. When I was a mod on a car forum we used to be able to track users IP addresses and could tell you straight away if a user had 2 names.

They log all IPs on this forum but there is a way around it. However, I have never been banned unlike soggy.

I would ban him, or most certainly keep a close eye on him for that last comment to Mr W. :eek:

In January of this year, I was threatened by someone I had a bit of bother with. He threatened to damage my car.

On Monday morning of this week, I noticed some minor damage to the paintwork of my car and some slightly more damage to my rear number plate. Some sort of liquid had been thrown on it.

I did not report it to the police as I thought it would be a wast of time for such a minor thing, believing that if I did they would do nothing anyway.

This morning I found both sides of my car had been scratched from front to rear right down to the primer.

Called the police who turned up (two of them) at 7 pm. Told them the story, told them who I believed had done it and showed them the damage.

I noticed that although they wrote down my name, address, telephone number and date of birth, they did not make a note of the name of the person I gave them.

They never even asked for his address. Just before they left I asked if they were going to have a word with the person whose name I had given them. The answer was no. When I asked why I was told there is no evidence that it was this person.

I am now thinking that he damaged my car on Monday, never heard from the plod, so came back on Wednesday/Thursday and did a bit more serious damage. Given that he again will not hear from the plod, even knowing that I will have given them his name, what can I expect next?

Should I complain to a higher authority? Or would I be wasting my time again?[/url]

My daughter was hit by a banned driver, wasn't sure who it was till she saw him, in another free disability car, we phoned the police, they did'nt want to know, three times we tried to get hold of the officer in charge, left messages, the full trip.

Never got back to us.

but the day she was hit, our house within the hour, to check she was legal

That's how it goes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In January of this year, I was threatened by someone I had a bit of bother with. He threatened to damage my car.

On Monday morning of this week, I noticed some minor damage to the paintwork of my car and some slightly more damage to my rear number plate. Some sort of liquid had been thrown on it.

I did not report it to the police as I thought it would be a wast of time for such a minor thing, believing that if I did they would do nothing anyway.

This morning I found both sides of my car had been scratched from front to rear right down to the primer.

Called the police who turned up (two of them) at 7 pm. Told them the story, told them who I believed had done it and showed them the damage.

I noticed that although they wrote down my name, address, telephone number and date of birth, they did not make a note of the name of the person I gave them.

They never even asked for his address. Just before they left I asked if they were going to have a word with the person whose name I had given them. The answer was no. When I asked why I was told there is no evidence that it was this person.

I am now thinking that he damaged my car on Monday, never heard from the plod, so came back on Wednesday/Thursday and did a bit more serious damage. Given that he again will not hear from the plod, even knowing that I will have given them his name, what can I expect next?

Should I complain to a higher authority? Or would I be wasting my time again?[/url]

My daughter was hit by a banned driver, wasn't sure who it was till she saw him, in another free disability car, we phoned the police, they did'nt want to know, three times we tried to get hold of the officer in charge, left messages, the full trip.

Never got back to us.

but the day she was hit, our house within the hour, to check she was legal

That's how it goes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You barsteward - it was me you fool! Never mess with my wife again! Only joking! Crime reported to police is useless..when my motorbike got nicked...they didn't turn up, sent me a questionairre, Who is the current owner of the vehicle....I wrote...A thief.(does the i before e rule work here?) I knew who stole it. An ex ex lodger.

I would ban him, or most certainly keep a close eye on him for that last comment to Mr W. :eek:

He commented to another member called 'homes' with the same diabolical rant. Both comments seem to have disappeared now, although I didn't report the comment made about me. Perhaps 'homes' did?

Mr. W.

Eighteen months ago I suffered a serious verbal assault from a neighbour. Because there were no witnesses I didn't inform the police. Within 36 hours my car was damaged outside the house. Phoned the police, explained what had happened. They said they would go to all the houses in the cul de sac and ask if anyone had seen anything regarding the verbal assault or the damaged car. This was so the man in question couldn't accuse them of only asking him about the incidents. While I knew there was no way of proving anything I still had the last laugh. Turns out he was attending anger management classes, so he must have been involved in something fairly serious in the past, not quite the upstanding citizen we all thought he was. It gave me enormous pleasure to tell lots of people about this, including our many lovely neighbours. We decided to install a CCTV system and since then we haven't had any problems. I have to say the police were really good, couldn't fault them.

Eighteen months ago I suffered a serious verbal assault from a neighbour

Had the same treatment about 4 years ago. This guy had abused me before but this one was on another level.
Was just on my way back to work when it happened but never got there and instead ended up at the police station explaining what had just happened.

Well the police sorted him out is all I can say. My word was never questioned. Have seen people angry but to see someone demented with rage screaming in your face is quite intimidating to say the least.
There's three other people in the same area with the same name and when I named him the policeman replied... "is that mad ........ you're talking about?"
Nuff said. :mrgreen:

How on earth could the offender hear from the police on the Monday if you decided not to report it? I've put the relevent comments in bold.

No wonder you think the police are poor! Try the real world where Delorians and 88 mph don't exist.
Mr. W.

higher authority? Or would I be wasting my time again?[/url]

How on earth could the offender hear from the police on the Monday if you decided not to report it? I've put the relevent comments in bold.

No wonder you think the police are poor! Try the real world where Delorians and 88 mph don't exist.
Mr. W.[/quote]

Ok so I worded it badly, is that a good enough reason for you to become so abusive and obnoxious?

What I meant (and I think you knew this) was had I reported this to the Police on Monday and had they had a word with the suspect, he might not have come back on Wednesday/ Thursday.

But as I did report it on Thursday and as the police were not going to go and see him, reporting it on Monday would have been a waste of my time in the same way as reporting it on Thursday proved to be a waste of time.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back