The Prettist Road

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lets see if we get more pretty ones than dull ones. I dont know any pretty ones I live in London. :LOL: :LOL: (Although some have yellow, red lines and other painted notices.

Sponsored Links
A20 from Charing to Ashford, at one point you have the most wonderfull view on the North Downs

Whenever I go to Edinburgh, I turn off the A1 just after Newcastle and go up the A-something-or-over through Ponteland, over the tops and down through Jedburgh and Dalkeith. very picturesque views, but lots of speed cameras too once you cross the border...

Even so, the A1 through Northumberland is also nice, as is the A77 below Glasgow - You drive right next to the sea and get to see seals bobbing up and down as you drive.

How about a flower arranging club as well or interior design. THE list could just go on and on. Mind you some of you might get followed home.

BE HAPPY :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Country roads take me home .... Crisp spring morning, roof down, mellow exhaust note, B3135 over Mendip into Cheddar gorge, return through burrington combe past the rocky cleft which inspired 'Rock of ages'...... Blimey, the Mendip trenta miglia or thereabouts !
;)

dont no road but trough of bowland main rd nr lancaster ....

johnny_t said:
Whenever I go to Edinburgh, I turn off the A1 just after Newcastle and go up the A-something-or-over through Ponteland, over the tops and down through Jedburgh and Dalkeith. very picturesque views, but lots of speed cameras too once you cross the border...

Even so, the A1 through Northumberland is also nice, as is the A77 below Glasgow - You drive right next to the sea and get to see seals bobbing up and down as you drive.

The old A 19 is a good road for the views as you head up to scotland.

Diyisfun said:
Lets see if we get more pretty ones than dull ones. I dont know any pretty ones I live in London. :LOL: :LOL: (Although some have yellow, red lines and other painted notices.

there must be some really pretty roads in the city area as you pay £8 for the privilage to travel down them mon-fri 0700 am til 1830 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: good old Ken :p

A329 from Ascot to Virginia Water, very pretty. Although that maybe just because it's a whole other world from the scummy concrete council estate I call home! :rolleyes:

markie said:
The old A 19 is a good road for the views as you head up to scotland.

Yeah, dont go south on the A19, you'll end up in Bentley, Doncaster. Not good :eek: And it ends now at 2 of the busiest roundabout junctions in Doncaster.

The M62 is a very interesting road. The huuuuge bridge over the ¿Humber? is pretty spectacular, and you have to marvel at the imagination of the engineers who designed the road. Some nice scenery between the A58/¿M606? turnoff and Manchester, especially where the road splits to go around the house up there.

Sponsored Links
Back