The Rev

Sponsored Links
Life, health etc have always seemed to take a back seat to possessions, especially money.

Unless you're a copper. I was assaulted by a bloke whose previous victim was a copper - he went inside for it. But his sentance for my assault was community service. NO acknowledgement by the court for injuries sustained, physical hardship or mental trauma suffered by my sister and niece.... Our laws need an urgent review. NOW!

Poor deal SS ...
There seems no answer. ... unless one earns the reputation of being a 'nutter' and all that entails.
Can I pose a question ? What if he came, by a sheer fluke, to live next door to you ? What would you, myself -- or any other reading this, honestly do, given the circumstances ?
This is certainly, within this free country, not probable but a possibility, thank god !!

Just thought -- 'sawn off xmas tree' just produced, 'beats' a baseball bat anyday !!
Get the drift ?
"Your honour, he hit the intruder with a baseball bat, obviously bought for the purpose, given that no baseball played, ever"
As opposed to "..Was so scared he swatted the intruder with a part of a tree, left over from Christmas .. we all celebrate Christmas, do we not ?"
;) ;)

"quiet " word in the back street usually works :LOL:
on a personal note the police now deserve all they get they have no time for anybody unless there is going to be a body in the cells
not a pop btw :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You do mean, unless they are preening before the media ?

Avon and Somerset non existant 'blue line' 9% clear up rate last year one of the worst in country ... does that include convictions via speed camera ? If so then they must have done f'all 'cept earn the dosh for their O/T and pensions providing resources for the cameras ..

P

kevplumb said:
"quiet " word in the back street usually works :LOL:
on a personal note the police now deserve all they get they have no time for anybody unless there is going to be a body in the cells
not a pop btw :rolleyes:

My best mate is in A&S constabulary. It is unfair to blame the individual police officers who's job is bad enough without having to deal with all the burocracy that ties there hands behind their backs and a spineless judicial system that does not back them up. Blame someone blame this joke for a government

as many of you know i was a police officer. the reason i left was because of the crap now put on them by the government and the higher ranks climbing over each other to get up the career ladder and the imposed bullshit put on the officer on the street. None of the guys on the front line deserve all they get. Many put themselves in situations you wouldnt even dream of in order to help people.
In my experiance whenever i was assaulted (bitten by an hiv infected person 6 months of tests, kinked spine from one attack two weeks at convelesance home, various minor knocks, bumps and scars from a multitude of others) the courts dealt with people very poorley. I feel the service lets people down but its the way its driven from above. I used to be able to arrest a disqualified driver, book him in, interview, charge and put the file together in under 1 hour. when i left it was taking guys all their shift because of so many improvements in the system! I sat down in 1998 and had a conversation about how bad things were getting and i cited the government and was shot down in flames. Now look at it. Pretend policemen (community wardens) lower pass rate for the entry (when i joined 5% of the 2000 that applied a year were taken, now they take on those that cant read or write properly and give them lessons and those with minor convictions. We even had a case of a new guy walking into the briefing room to the astonishment of one of the guys on shift as he had assaulted him a couple of years earlier) pressure to get the numbers up, accountants dictating what can be done tec etce etc

I was stood in the cold and wet the other day mixing some concrete on a job and i stopped tio think about my old career. How many of you think i was sorry i left?

Thermo mate, i understand where u are coming from. There are those who critisize and those who are blind, some are both.

The only way things can change is by the general public, trouble is everyone in this country is to bl**dy apathetic doesn't want to or can't be bothered to do anything about it but like a good moan about it after.

No wonder the Aussies call us whinging poms :rolleyes:

Pity we couldn't have the old type cop back thermo

You know, the one that gave you a clip round the lug to keep you in line and knew most of the local gossip and bad lads on his patch.

You cannot do old style policing because good old tony signed up to that european cr*p, so to do so would infringe on the thugs human rights. New York in the 80's and early 90's was like what this country is now. However, no tolerance policing backed by the people and the local and national government has turned manhatten into one of the safest places to be. There is NO deterrent in this country and too many people on the side of this Human Rights bill which is no good to anybody. Spineless politicians are turning this country into a playground for those who flaunt the law at every level. And who has to suffer it...............us :evil:

Your Right There Jasy,

Ain't it funny though they keep raming europe down our throats and bringing us in line etc, yet it seems that we are the only country to implement all these bl**dy stupid Ideals. guy on another forum was talking about where he lives in France and seems like old style policing still applies their. :rolleyes:

Come on guys ! The point is obvious, the trough snouters or administrators of the 'Law' benefit most from it's proliferation.
Ultimately it is not gonna be about tangible benefits in law to us lot, just loads of dosh for the Lawyers. The tail is surely wagging the dog !!

P

There is only one way i can see this situation to change and that is to get rid of the present government which is obsessed with pleasing every other tom dick and harry apart from the indigenous people who live here

Sponsored Links
Back