The rise of the extreme right has begun.

Softus wrote:
What is with you, megawatt; do you spend too much time with 6 year-old children, or is there some other reason for this kind of post?
Do us all a favour Softus, get a sense of humour and stop being such a righteous prig.

My post was following a serious of posts between Joe and I across a number of topics the last one from Joe was ...

No wonder you are so backward :rolleyes:
Which prompted my satirical repost.

If you don't like my sense of humour (which we know is the case as I'm a Bernard Manning fan and you're ... NOT ... Which clearly means you have NO sense of humour) then stop reading my posts again its quite easy.

MW

Sponsored Links
There's nothing righteous in my post, but this:

In the backward stakes you may as well paint a face on you're ar*e and learn to walk in reverse ... Don't worry, you've been talking out of your a**e for so long now I doubt that anyone will notice the difference
...is not satire.

It's not even on a level with joe-90's posts. It's not even on a level with kindergarten children. Don't take my word for it - ask anyone.

Do us all a favour Softus, get a sense of humour and stop being such a righteous prig.

I thought he died (soft in the head) Oh well wishful thinking I guess..

Good thing I have him blocked so you blokes can deal with stupidity

Sponsored Links
There's nothing old Softy Boy likes more than to try and wade in with his underpants outside his trousers and take the moral high ground.

For those of us who have witnessed some of his attacks on others it doesn't really carry a great deal of weight however :cool:

MW

There's nothing old Softy Boy likes more than to try and wade in with his underpants outside his trousers and take the moral high ground.
This isn't a question of morality, or of high ground.

You could have chosen to take my comment in a positive way - it's beneath you to make such childish posts. You're not a pratt, megawatt, so I don't understand why you so often behave like one, and your vain attempt to criticise me doesn't affect anything.

I thought it was the start of an interesting thread by joe and it's a shame that 95% of the comments posted have been bickering.

Softus Wrote:
You could have chosen to take my comment in a positive way - it's beneath you to make such childish posts.
The posts I make which you perceive as childish Softus are often made tongue in cheek to people who don't take them the same way as you do.

You're not a pratt, megawatt, so I don't understand why you so often behave like one
I could be a complete pratt :LOL:

And your vain attempt to criticise me doesn't affect anything.
Once again, this is perception ... My perception of you (based on what I've read) is that you often jump in mid-way through a topic critical of someone else's post because it doesn't align with your beliefs and values and you, therefore, find it inappropriate ... I refer to this as "taking the moral high ground" and it isn't (or wasn't) a criticism, rather a statement of fact as I see it.

MW

I thought it was the start of an interesting thread by joe and it's a shame that 95% of the comments posted have been bickering.
Joe starts many of the interesting threads on the general forum (mainly because he has no life :LOL: ).

Trouble is, once they get underway, his posting style is often the cause of the bickering IMO ;)

MW

Softus Wrote:
You could have chosen to take my comment in a positive way - it's beneath you to make such childish posts.
The posts I make which you perceive as childish Softus are often made tongue in cheek to people who don't take them the same way as you do.
Hm.

So if one six-year-old says to another, "You've got poo-poo breath.", would you expect to find any adult who doesn't regard that behaviour as childish?

I think not.

You can call it perception if you like, or even opinion, but the posts in which you insulted joe-90 are of such poor quality, measurable by anyone's criteria, that it really doesn't matter whether or not they were tongue-in-cheek.

My perception of you (based on what I've read) is that you often jump in mid-way through a topic...
Se be it. I can't be there at the beginning of every topic that interests me, so it's often likely to be "mid way through".

...critical of someone else's post because it doesn't align with your beliefs and values and you, therefore, find it inappropriate ... I refer to this as "taking the moral high ground" and it isn't (or wasn't) a criticism, rather a statement of fact as I see it.
Either way, your statement regarding me has nothing whatsoever to do with your behaviour on this topic.

Perhaps you think I'm being hypocritical, but even I am it's irrelevant, because you were still being childish.

I don't know why you're unable to accept this criticism without lashing out with insults aimed at other people.

And you don't seem to understand Softus that everyone doesn't share your values and beliefs.

measurable by anyone's criteria
Errmmm ... No, measurable by your criteria in this case.

Se be it. I can't be there at the beginning of every topic that interests me, so it's often likely to be "mid way through".
So, if you don't wade in to take the moral high ground then why are you more interested in the way someone posts rather than WHAT they post?

You are one of the few people on this site who regular criticise other people's style of posting rather than the content of their post.

I don't know why you're unable to accept this criticism without lashing out with insults aimed at other people.
I could equally ask you the same based on my view of your posting style ... You are not the best person when it comes to accepting criticism.

It's interesting that despite Joe and I locking horns on many subjects with fairly strong posts going both ways neither Joe nor I feel the need to say we've been hurt or offended by the other's posts ... But you do ... Why is this?

MW

And you don't seem to understand Softus that everyone doesn't share your values and beliefs.
You appear to be confusing me with ban-all-sheds.

Please show me where I've refused to accept someone else's values and/or beliefs.

measurable by anyone's criteria
Errmmm ... No, measurable by your criteria in this case.
In that case I presume that you have an example of someone who thinks that you weren't being childish in that post in which I thought you were, but I doubt that you have.

So, if you don't wade in to take the moral high ground then why are you more interested in the way someone posts rather than WHAT they post?
On this occasion I might choose to keep private the reasons for my interest, but in any case the reasons are irrelevant, because they don't change anything.

This isn't anything to with morality, it's about quality. Your post to joe-90-poo-poo-breath was puerile.

You are one of the few people on this site who regular criticise other people's style of posting rather than the content of their post.
Please show me where I've criticised the style of someone's posting, instead of the content.

I could equally ask you the same based on my view of your posting style
You could do. In fact why don't you? Find a topic where it's relevant, and do it there, rather than introducing irrelevant detail into this one.

In the meantime, I merely pointed out something on this topic that has no relevance to anything I've posted.

You are not the best person when it comes to accepting criticism.
Please show me where I've been wrong, and not accepted it.

Please show me where I've been criticised for being wrong, and actually been wrong, and not accepted it.

Please show me where I've been harsh, where it wasn't deserved, and not accepted it.

It's interesting that despite Joe and I locking horns on many subjects with fairly strong posts going both ways neither Joe nor I feel the need to say we've been hurt or offended by the other's posts ... But you do ... Why is this?
Please show me where I've ever felt hurt, and/or offended, or said that I've felt hurt, and/or said that I've felt offended.

You don't really expect me to respond to that diatribe do you?

The bottom line here Softus is that your opinion of my post to Joe is of no concern to me whatsoever and if you believe it to be childish then so be it.

I have been and I'm sure I will be accused of worse.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back