The 'War' is Over....... Arise Sir Nigel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
From New York Times

“Brexit was always going to be a long-running hit to the U.K.’s competitiveness,” said Mr. Kibasi, the analyst. “But the way it’ll play out is by damaging investment in the U.K., so it’s a slow puncture, not a quick crash.”

Most of that time is asset decommissioning where they don't make any money.
Yep, just like the UK...

Only at a slower rate ;)

And equally the few will find a way of making a killing whilst the vast majority suffer!

Yep, just like the UK...

Only at a slower rate ;)

And equally the few will find a way of making a killing whilst the vast majority suffer!

The decommissioning costs have been saved for over the lifetime of the platform so it doesn't cost anyone anything that hasn't already been planned and budgeted for.

Sponsored Links
The decommissioning costs have been saved for over the lifetime of the platform so it doesn't cost anyone anything that hasn't already been planned and budgeted for.
Ah, that'll be why...

"Decommissioning the UK’s offshore oil and gas infrastructure will cost taxpayers an estimated £24 billion over the next 45 years, according to a new report from the UK’s National Audit Office."

And with that in mind...

"The NDA’s most recent estimate is that it will cost current and future generations of UK taxpayers £132bn to decommission the civil nuclear sites, with the work not being completed for another 120 years."

And yet the companies that operate these energy companies continue to pay obscene salaries and shareholder dividends...

How is that a case of 'it doesn't cost anyone anything'?

There is a complete sucker born every minute :rolleyes:

Speaking of de-commissioning, I took a riverboat trip at Plymouth and they you you a large pen full of nuclear subs, been there since 2004 and still not decommissioned.
Apparently the rascal that sunk the Belgrano is amongst them.

EqRb1bIXEAcqaev

I must comment on the amount of 'ageism' on this forum.
I know it is the only prejudice in which one is still allowed to indulge - even the ultra-woke JohnD - but nevertheless...

Plus, as one of the boomers (who helped pay for WW2) you will be aware I did not vote for brexit and the number of old people who did is not that much more than the overall percentage - 61% to 52% if I recall correctly - which I do.

So, for the 39% of us that voted to remain please desist from your snide remarks.

I must comment on the amount of 'ageism' on this forum....Plus, as one of the boomers (who helped pay for WW2) you will be aware I did not vote for brexit.....So, for the 39% of us that voted to remain please desist from your snide remarks.
There’s one particular member on here who doesn’t care whether you voted to stay or leave. He just likes typing the words 'old' and 'man' and he just hates all of them. Maybe he is even an 'old man' and hates himself but we'll never know because he won’t let on what his first name is, what he does for a living or even what county he lives in let alone post a photo of himself. Claims to know absolutely everything about absolutely everything. A true legend in his own lunchtime.

Last edited:
Ah, that'll be why...

"Decommissioning the UK’s offshore oil and gas infrastructure will cost taxpayers an estimated £24 billion over the next 45 years, according to a new report from the UK’s National Audit Office."

And with that in mind...

"The NDA’s most recent estimate is that it will cost current and future generations of UK taxpayers £132bn to decommission the civil nuclear sites, with the work not being completed for another 120 years."

And yet the companies that operate these energy companies continue to pay obscene salaries and shareholder dividends...

How is that a case of 'it doesn't cost anyone anything'?

There is a complete sucker born every minute :rolleyes:

Rather than just cherry pick snippets of information to suit your narrative, you should offer the whole article to provide the context of the information.

it doesn't cost the UK taxpayer the firms that own the rigs pay for decommissioning, however the UK government have decided to offer tax relief that is estimated to cost the tax payer £24 billion of lost tax revenue over the next 30 years they suppose they will be working over. This is a decision made by government, and is not a fault of the rig operators.

However it could cost the taxpayer more money if the rig operators become insolvent, (it's highly likely this is the reason the government offered tax relief to help ensure this doesn't happen)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...-and-gas-rigs-cost-taxpayer-ps24bn-147725?amp

I must comment on the amount of 'ageism' on this forum.
I know it is the only prejudice in which one is still allowed to indulge - even the ultra-woke JohnD - but nevertheless...

Plus, as one of the boomers (who helped pay for WW2) you will be aware I did not vote for brexit and the number of old people who did is not that much more than the overall percentage - 61% to 52% if I recall correctly - which I do.

So, for the 39% of us that voted to remain please desist from your snide remarks.

Good point well made

And
Your a remainer not a remoaner ;)

It’s our oil. :sneaky:

There's hardly any oil left ! And not long ago it's value was minus ! Should Scotland ever get independance where's the money going to come from ? And will they a good tghe euro ? Don't forget the EU has told them to do one !

Yep

Tis all. The EU needs is another country turning up to join the club cap in hand. That the Germans will have to subsidise

Way I see it there should be a referendum in England

About voting the Scots out of the Union :LOL:

Scots would not be allowed to. Vote

I would vote em. Out :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back