THERMECON 80/95 OIL BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.
We are in a 4bed selfbuild bungalow,we moved in in march 2005 and ever since then we have had problems with the oil central heating system.
We have a 80/95 thermecon system boiler for 15 rads, the boiler was loosing pressure so I got the plumber (who installed the system) back and we tried leak sealer twice with no luck, then we decided to start looking at the piping in the floors, floating chipboard floors with 2" jablite we found where we could isolate part of the the system and check the piping for 5 rads no leaks found on the pipes. I have now been running the boiler on those 5 rads for the past 3 days and the pressure is still dropping.
P.S. we have also changed circulating pump to a grunfoss 15/60 pressure relief valve twice and added a new expansion vessel.
What is happening now, every time I start the boiler now the pressure goes up from 1bar start to 2 3/4 bar.
Anyone out there able to help, open to any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Your installer is a muppett!

Look in the FAQ on this site for instructions on how to repressurise the expansion vessel.

You must follow the instructions implicitly ( except for the bit about draining and then taking more water out if its still in there ).

Tony

muppets.jpg

Thats Dr Drivel on the left!

We have not heard from him lately.

That leaves me wondering if he goes for respite care every few months.

Tony

Sponsored Links
never easy with the amount of info given. but i'd obviously try to locate the leak by process of illinination, i did it once on a large house simply by cutting and capping then pressure testing. took a while, but sorted it in the end.

ref the pressure, has the filling loop been checked to see if its letting by, or are you removing the 'loop'?
has the exp vessel been sized correctly? 12 litre vessel would be ok for average 3-4 bed with 120litre of system water, anymore than this then you need to decrease charge of vessel or better still put another vessel, you can't go to big with a vessel.

was the charge checked on the new 1?
do you have a unvented cylinder?

i'm sure someone with my knowledge than myself will offer further advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back