Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment we have a hard wired programmable (4 periods a day) thermostat mounted in the hall. In a bid to save some money this winterwe are wanting to just heat the three main rooms downsatirs, and just allow a small amount of heat get into the rest od the house. To do this we need to take the thermostat out of the hall and put it into one of the main rooms. It would be a nightmare to try and hardwire it some where else. So would something like the following work ?

I take it I would just wire the receiver into the control box in the boiler room, and then I could experiment where to place the thermostat (like over the radiator when i'm out)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Make sure it’s not in a room that has a rad with a TRV.
all our radiators presently (bar 1) have these fitted. It won't make any difference to how it works. I would just have the radiators in the main room set to max, then the ones in the rest of the house set to 1, This way we will have a warm part of the house and the rest of the place will be cool. (we already sleep in an unheated bedroom (with the rst of the house warm!

Sponsored Links
all our radiators presently (bar 1) have these fitted. It won't make any difference to how it works. I would just have the radiators in the main room set to max, then the ones in the rest of the house set to 1, This way we will have a warm part of the house and the rest of the place will be cool. (we already sleep in an unheated bedroom (with the rst of the house warm!
You can do this anyway. Leave the room stat in the hallway, and adjust trv’s accordingly to the rooms you want to heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back