Things we are not allowed to talk about on this forum

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
i hate to break the news to you but not all immigrants are so thankfull to come to greener pastures.

or have you had your head stuck in one of your books for the last ten years?

Sponsored Links
With the best will in the world I will back their right to protest, what they have to realise is the services are fighting for their right to protest.
The best way of dealing with it would be let them, but nothing on the road nothing open, no police,no media,no people, nothing but an empty road.

i hate to break the news to you but not all immigrants are so thankfull to come to greener pastures.

or have you had your head stuck in one of your books for the last ten years?

I thought I'd more or less covered that in my previous post
Often they would prefer to remain in their country of origin. But usually there is no choice.
If there is no choice and they survive and prosper then relieved is more appropriate than grateful. I am talking of 1st generation immigrants. They gracefully accept the situation.

I think that it's the 2nd & subsequent generations of immigrants that have been offended, affected and generally alienated for suffering the amount of abuse and prejudice given out by others (indigenous as well as other immigrants) and seeing their parents suffering that kind of abuse in silence.
Why should they be grateful for that?

Incidentally, going back to the original topic:
I wonder if we did a headcount of the people on the march, how many would be 1st generation immigrants. I suspect none.
Which either means they are 2nd or subsequent generation or are visitors to these shores.
Now if I went abroad to participate in a political demonstration against that government should I be allowed or have the right to remain in that country on my visa?

Sponsored Links
Now if I went abroad to participate in a political demonstration against that government should I be allowed or have the right to remain in that country on my visa?
you would be shot :D

A red herring me thinks with little to do with the 5hite that wants to march at Wootton Basset.

And the Luton lot that refused to stand in court today were fleeing persecution from where?.

I thought I'd more or less covered that in my previous post
Often they would prefer to remain in their country of origin. But usually there is no choice.
If there is no choice and they survive and prosper then relieved is more appropriate than grateful. I am talking of 1st generation immigrants. They gracefully accept the situation.

I think that it's the 2nd & subsequent generations of immigrants that have been offended, affected and generally alienated for suffering the amount of abuse and prejudice given out by others (indigenous as well as other immigrants) and seeing their parents suffering that kind of abuse in silence.
Why should they be grateful for that?

Perhaps another argument for less immigration.

oh you mean you dont know they were 3rd and 4th generations immigrants that were a little miffed someone upset their grandad in the 60`s

I won't be getting to wound up by this threatened march. This minority group of extremists (membership fewer than 50) have made many threats to hold marches and demonstrations in various places and for various reasons, which they have then cancelled.

Last year it proposed a march in support of Sharia Law in Britain but (cowards that they are) abandoned the event claiming there had been threats of counter-demonstrations.

Don't know what I just missed (deleted thread?), but I came on here just now to post a link to this story:

Soldiers at Luton homecoming march 'branded killers'

I'm in two minds about this one, whilst strongly disagreeing with their slogans, I am always hearing that free speech and the right to protest are cornerstones of any democracy (isn't that what our boys are fighting for?) and particularly the widespread condemnation of the Iranian authorities's response to anti-goverment protests by western leaders.

Here's good one too:

"Americans travelling to England always observe more similarities to our country than differences. I've been here only a short time, but I've noticed that the tradition of free speech – exercised with enthusiasm – is alive and well here in London. We have that at home too. They now have that right in Baghdad, as well."
(George W. Bush in speech to London's Banqueting House, 19/11/03)

Regarding the charges that have been brought in this case, this is the bit that got me:

behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm and distress.

Likely to? Another example of someone being punished for something they haven't done?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have been removed/arrested for the sake of their own safety at least, but all these p*ss weak laws sound uncomfortably Orwellian to me.

It is currently dawning on me that I have made a mistake posting this, as a slurry of bigotry is heading this way and will probably cause this thread to become locked. Sorry guys! :confused:

I personally don't think it deserves to stay around for long, Dave.
How would you like it if other religous groups decided that you were personna non gratia in your country of birth, just because you were a different religion to them?

How would you like it if you decided to relocate to another country for whatever reason and after giving as much as you were able, the indigenous people decided, at some indeterminate time, that you were no longer accepted?

How would you like it if you visited another country and they considered you like a football hooligan/lager lout/loud mouth just because that was their experience of some of your countrymen?

Do you hang your head in shame when you hear of improper behaviour/criminal acts/selfish attitudes conducted by your neighbours/locality/county/country? Why not? 'Cos we know that we are different to them. And we hope that others have the intelligence to realise that.

Don't you expect to be accepted as you are, not as people perceive others of your colour/sexuality/religion,age or ability?

very impressive , in fact to your credit it's probably too much empathy for some on here to handle. :)

and until they can see it from "the other side" and not just what the lying media and lying politicians tell them they just won't be able to understand.

GOOGLE EX US SOLDIER and learn, patriots

Sponsored Links
Back