Things we are not allowed to talk about on this forum

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Strange that the biggest proponents of "free speech" often voice the weakest arguments and often resort to claims of bigotry in others that happen to disagree with them.

Funny you should say that, because...

Linky

;)

A perfectly reasonable action given the likely consequences if this march were to go ahead.

In Evelyn Beatrice Hall's biography of Voltaire she used the following quote to illustrate Voltaire's beliefs: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Most people do not hold such strong views but of course some do as a result, you lose "free speech."

Sponsored Links
BingoBongo";p="1460514 said:
how would you like it if people moved here and didnt learn the language,were arogant,didnt try to include themselves in the way the counttry has been run and wanted the laws changed to suit them?

how would you like it if someone moved to your country and harboured hatred towards the indigenous people and tried to murder them in the name of their religion all the while claiming they were being persecuted?

how would.............ahh whats the point :rolleyes:[/quote

its as if i wrote these comments myself, i dont have a problem with good honest hard working people coming to my country but they MUST integrate and play with our rules and laws

A perfectly reasonable action given the likely consequences if this march were to go ahead.

Sounds like you want to pick and choose who is allowed to do what based on nothing more than a 'what if...'

How many protests would be banned if that logic was applied across the board?

No, as I said, the very idea that free speech exists is nonsense, you choose to believe it does and it would therefore support your argument.

You may believe any individual or group has the right to do or say as they please regardless of the consequences because you cant control another persons (re) actions and so are not responsible for them. The fact is the Law doesn't agree with that view for good reason. If this proposed march were in a less sensitive area it may well be allowed to go ahead, it would still upset a very large percentage of the population but would be difficult to argue against (reasonably).

related but on a tangent were we lied to to get our troops to die in IRAQ,

answer YES, was it really about oil, answer YES.

did they KILL Saddam a head of a soveriegn country, answer YES.

Are they in Afghanistan for the sake of the afghans, answer NO.

Are they protecting the "free" way of life or enforcing/imposing it,

Question?? what is the real reason our leader's lied to us, and started these WARS, that have killed on both sides, many more than the holocaust and any genocide you can name.

i'll vote for a change of government in 4 years time, Answer, EVIL will still be EVIL.

Don't get sucked in by the dirty tricks of the state run media.

But if you want to noone can change your mind i suppose ;)

No, as I said, the very idea that free speech exists is nonsense, you choose to believe it does and it would therefore support your argument.
However, if you accept it is not a right it will indeed not exist. Better to fight any restrictions than just shrug your shoulders..

Whilst individual events may actually get stopped, the resulting publicity means that the issue itself gets aired - there's more than one way to ensure 'free speech' !

However, if you accept it is not a right it will indeed not exist. Better to fight any restrictions than just shrug your shoulders..

I do not shrug my shoulders I accept that we need restrictions without them the freedoms we enjoy would disappear.

You have the right to say what you please with due regard to the consequences your right to do so has been argued for several thousand years.

Question?? what is the real reason our leader's lied to us, and started these WARS, that have killed on both sides, many more than the holocaust and any genocide you can name.

No-one else? OK, I'll bite...

1) The holocaust. It killed more than 30 times as many people as the current Iraq conflict and 100 times as many people as the Afghan conflict.

2) The genocide in Rwanda, a mere 15 years ago, resulted in the deaths of over 500,000 people. If you take the current death tolls of Iraq and Afghanistan, add them together, and double it, it's still less than Rwanda. I am including all civilian and military losses, by the way.

War has an unfortunate knack of harming the innocent citizen and the poor conscript disproportionately to the hard-liners and leaders. How many ordinary German blokes died in WW2, compared to the number of SS troopers and Nazi officials in the Reich? How many British civilians were bombed out? It's a many-thousand year old tale!

The moral higher ground we can all cling to is the fact that when an Iraqi or Afghan civilians dies in the conflicts, it isn't because our forces set out to kill them. Whereas when the Taliban set off bombs in the middle of volleyball games, they are deliberately murdering civilians.

If you honestly think it was all about oil, then stop using oil.

Otherwise you're like one of those people who loves to tuck into a juicy steak but can't accept that it's a slab of dead animal. :rolleyes:

I do not shrug my shoulders I accept that we need restrictions without them the freedoms we enjoy would disappear.
Unfortunately those very restrictions threaten to remove the freedoms rather than protect them..!

Sponsored Links
Back