Things you wished you'd done with your kids..

i wish i had done as my dad did with the cat, put kittens in paper bag and drop off river bridge. :evil:
No, no, no, it has to be a plastic bag; paper will disolve in the water & the little arstards may well escape & survive! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
no its not, and they are not sad.

i think its selfish to bring kids into this world, what have they got? no rescources, no job no nothing and a very bad attitude, kids, no thanks

theyve got you, the parent, and that is the most important job in the world, because its down to you how they turn out.

i have to say breezer, that has got to be one your emptiest, sweeping, pointless posts i have read.

oh all right he has made a lot them, but it still ranks up there with his worst

Sponsored Links
On to page 2 already, and not one response in the spirit of the original post !

And the sentiments expressed are astonishing.... yes kids are incredibly hard work, but how can any human being wish another, innocent, defenceless person to be dead? And what if your parents, grandparents or their parents had thought or evn done as you described?

Anyone care to give me the benefit of their experiences - in a positive light?

kept as much as possible in the way of memorabilia. my parents have started clearing stuff and given us all sorts of great stuff from our child hood. its only photos and school reports but it really brings things back.

wish id saved more money for them because whatever you put away it will never be enough to give them what you really want in life

time, the most precious thing of all

thanks thermo.

what about starting a pension for a 7 year old?

or letting them experience things like the northern lights, or a safari?

...because its down to you how they turn out....
Hmmm, I'm not quite sure just how, by my actions (or those of my ex), I got one of mine to turn into a drug addict, attracted to every feckless jug-eared, bug-ugly, oxygen-thieving chav scumbag that's ever walked the planet... :confused:

And the sentiments expressed are astonishing.... yes kids are incredibly hard work, but how can any human being wish another, innocent, defenceless person to be dead? And what if your parents, grandparents or their parents had thought or evn done as you described?

Awe come on, everyone knows it’s not in the spirit of your post (or hopefully!) but what on earth did you expect! I don’t normally get involved with the general “slagging” forum but just couldn’t resist this one!

So being truthfull; don’t let your job or your “life” rob you of precious time with them, my job did & I sorely regret it now! My “kids” are now 25 & 28 respectively & we have a fantastic relationship but I sorely regret not spending as much time with them as I should have when I came home from work & at weekends; hopefully, you will get a second chance with the grand kids & I have! Don’t get caught up in this modern, PC carp about emotional damage caused by discipline, you can’t reason with young kids they only see it as weakness & take even more advantage of it. IMO, the only thing that really works is the instantaneous short sharp shock; whack the little uckers if they deserve it; I never had to after mine were around 7 years old & I could take them anywhere! Always be totally honest with them when they get to an age where they can understand & it’s younger than you would think! Don't let them spend too much time in their bedroom environment, with all it's creature comforts it's a virtual world. At the time, I couldn’t see anything wrong with it but I think it's one of the main reasons for behavioural problems with kids today.

One positive thing I did was set the video camera up in the corner of the room every Christmas morning to film the kids & everone else opening their presents. An absolutely magic year-on-year record when you look back at it now but, after 18 years, it got to the stage where they didn’t want to know; interestingly they are now doing it with their own kids. Take them to Disney (the proper one not France) when they are around 8-10 years they wil never forget it & nor will you! We all went back to Florida for a nostalgic 3 weeks revisit in 2004 (didn't have to sell my car to pay for it this time!) including their partners (but no grandkids then) & it was even better cos we got to go on all the really serious rides! :LOL:

Richard C";p="1014179 said:

Awe come on, everyone knows it’s not in the spirit of your post (or hopefully!) but what on earth did you expect! I don’t normally get involved with the general “slagging” forum but just couldn’t resist this one!

So being truthfull; don’t let your job or your “life” rob you of precious time with them, my job did & I sorely regret it now! My “kids” are now 25 & 28 respectively & we have a fantastic relationship but I sorely regret not spending as much time with them as I should have when I came home from work & at weekends; hopefully, you will get a second chance with the grand kids & I have! Don’t get caught up in this modern, PC carp about emotional damage caused by discipline, you can’t reason with young kids they only see it as weakness & take even more advantage of it. IMO, the only thing that really works is the instantaneous short sharp shock; whack the little uckers if they deserve it; I never had to after mine were around 7 years old & I could take them anywhere! Always be totally honest with them when they get to an age where they can understand & it’s younger than you would think! Don't let them spend too much time in their bedroom environment, with all it's creature comforts it's a virtual world. At the time, I couldn’t see anything wrong with it but I think it's one of the main reasons for behavioural problems with kids today.

One positive thing I did was set the video camera up in the corner of the room every Christmas morning to film the kids & everone else opening their presents. An absolutely magic year-on-year record when you look back at it now but, after 18 years, it got to the stage where they didn’t want to know; interestingly they are now doing it with their own kids. Take them to Disney (the proper one not France) when they are around 8-10 years they wil never forget it & nor will you! We all went back to Florida for a nostalgic 3 weeks revisit in 2004 (didn't have to sell my car to pay for it this time!) including their partners (but no grandkids then) & it was even better cos we got to go on all the really serious rides! :LOL:[/quote-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the holidays richard, (cos scared of flying), i have treated my 2 kids similar, I get slagged for being on the dole for many years, which, some people feel i deserve, that's fine by me, but i spent that time with my kids, poor council estate, my eldest refused to be headgirl, at a school of 1500, i had her over my knee at 15 yrs old,and slapped her legs proper, a one off, i told her i hit her cos i love her, she's now 21 with my grandaughter, and said, dad, treat her like you treated me, now,the nursery where she goes, 21/4 yrs, say they wish they had more children like her... your kids are worth millions, grandkids, tens of millions

My eldest son passed away 3 weeks ago and I would give up everything I own just to have him back.
He was relatively young and had been ill for a long time but we still had good times and we have wonderful memories.
I truly feel sorry for those who do not appreciate their children, don't leave it to late or you may regret it.
When it comes down to it at the end of the day all your material things count for nothing when you lose a child.

My eldest son passed away 3 weeks ago and I would give up everything I own just to have him back.

to outlive one of your children has to be one of the saddest and most dreadful things i can imagine.

you have my heartfelt sympathies anobium.

for those people who do not have children or who can not have children, you too have my sympathy.

I think Anobium's post has just about silenced some of the previous carp posted before him.
My thoughts are with you Anobium.

I wish I had worked less in their early years but now things have changed the time spent with them is even better. Enjoy your children, they are a part of you..

I'm sorry to hear that Anobium.

That sort of news really puts your own life into perspective !!

Sponsored Links
Back