THIS IS A JOKE

How many more people out there want to retrain as a gasman / plumber

the gas industry is finished no more big money ever.
Don`t put the ancient craft of plumbing in the same sentence as gasmonkeys :rolleyes: ;) Tell Sid it`s finished while you`re at it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm going to train as a multi use tradesman.

I'm going to be a plumbertrician :D :D

Lets imagine reality here. We all work (or in my case worked) in the capatilist system, where the market rules. ie :-
In short supply = high prices
In abundance = low prices
In the begining when Britain was served by the original 5 RGI/plumbers, they could charge lawyers rates. And they saw that it was good. and liked it that way.
But then the multitude saw the light and started to convert, and they also saw that it was good.
Now according to the word, there is a plague of RGI/plumbers, and they are a pestilence upon the earth. The original 5 have to now share the loaves and fishes with the 5000 and growing converts, who are getting more loaves and fishes than before they converted, so to them it is still good, and their belief is not faltering.
Its the market place chaps. It will find its own level. Accept that its out of your hands.

Obviously the figures are fictitious, to emphasise the parable

Sponsored Links
5times, do my ears deceive me, but your earlier post sounds very similiar to my post ;)

No employer in their right mind would employ a CC/CCC (course cowboy/career change chancer). There's 1000s of good time-served ex-site Plumbers looking for work!!

If you are daft enough to spend a small fortune on a mickey mouse course and you are now sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring, good!! You're a daft tw.t.

We employ a large number of time-served Plumbers/Heating Engineers & apprentices and have loads of work, because we are pros!!

The dole give CSCS cards to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that asks for one, a simple DVD/computer course, and that makes everyone an expert.

But all trades are going the way of my trade, TV, Video, Hifi REPAIR...people just throw it away, buy new cheap products, and as that's unreliable, throw that away, and the cycle continues....

Plumbing used to be skilled work, lead pipes, soldering, copper. Now it's all plastic pipes, and push fit connectors. It's a dieing industry, as is TV repair. Always needed, but not required. If your TV blows up, a courier collects it, sends it to a factory to be repaired, and you are sent a replacement of the same type. A plumbing job still needs to be attended to on the ground, but anyone with a CSCS card can stick two plastic pipes together. It's called 'progress', but puts more and more people out of work. No disrespect.

The only way for me, to prevent decline in industries, is to 'uninvent' stuff...like concorde, or the veyron car; the container, put thousands out of work, SMD in TV's put thousands out of work, and plastic pipe, with easy connection, put plumbers out of work.

Would you pay cheap for a fix on an expensive item? Or pay cheap for an item, that will last a few years, then throw it away? Seems society chose the latter.

The dole give CSCS cards to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that asks for one, a simple DVD/computer course, and that makes everyone an expert.

But to be quite honest MoodyMick, the CSCS card alone , doesn't make them qualified to do anything.
All it does is prove that they are aware of H&S issues, should they work on a site (unless they have other qualifications recognised by the C&G).
Do you have a CSCS card?? If so ,,, what colour is it??? Green ,, by any chance?? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just passing a test doesn't make anyone more qualified or aware of H&S, it's just a test they passed. Experience is far better.

I'm more into electronic repair, have worked on installs, ie the Trafford Centre when it was being built, but was unaware of a requirement for a cscs card at the time. And fitting out is more install, than build work, so no I don't have a CSCS card. Although I could get one free, and in a day if I felt the need for one.

The earlier point raised about passing on information, especially on a site such as this, was something I raised a couple of years ago on here, and I got shot down in flames by guys on here, saying, "what gives you the right to tell me what I can and can't say, blah blah blah" when the point I was trying to raise was the fact that certain info divulged on here could be dangerous, in the wrong hands.

We all want to save money, now more than any other time, but I'm still a great believer in getting an expert in if I don't know it myself. Any person can do any job they want, not having the necessary skills, knowledge and expertise could be the difference between life and death.

The earlier point raised about passing on information, especially on a site such as this, was something I raised a couple of years ago on here, and I got shot down in flames by guys on here, saying, "what gives you the right to tell me what I can and can't say, blah blah blah" when the point I was trying to raise was the fact that certain info divulged on here could be dangerous, in the wrong hands.

We all want to save money, now more than any other time, but I'm still a great believer in getting an expert in if I don't know it myself. Any person can do any job they want, not having the necessary skills, knowledge and expertise could be the difference between life and death.

That's a very good point, and I think should be a subtitle of the site. I've asked for specific information regarding my failed boiler, and received it, and being an engineer trained to work to component level, in computers, wasn't happy to apply the received wisdom on a product that I was unsure of. Same as when someone asks me how to repair a TV, and I tell them off the cuff, forgetting that they have no technical skill whatsoever, and the amount of shocks I've received in my life.

But when a manufacturer hides or charges for information, when someone is able to provide the information is good, it's just whether to apply that information.

I had a CB radio, and the DIN connection to the mic had broken, and no matter who I asked, nobody knew how to wire it up. (before internet), so in the end thought to ring the manufacturer, who told me straight away.

Another issue was we used to repair a lot of monitors by RM, that had lost sync, and the only way to solve this was replacing a chip that had a large heatsync attached, and took ages to replace, and didn't always work, so were scrapping loads. I eventually got through to tech at RM, and they told me how to resync this chip, by attaching two test points, and adjusting a pot. To adjust this pot you were working close to the coils, and HT lead, so potentially death. Obviously, they were not going to give this info to the man on the street. So a 3 hour repair, became a 15 minute fix.

So good info in the right hands is good, good info in the wrong hands is going to kill.

The question is - how many searchbots use this site? Can anyone type in a problem, and it directs them here, or do people have to actively search out this site, to then ask their question? As a test do a search for a thread you made, and see if you can find it.

But to be quite honest MoodyMick, the CSCS card alone , doesn't make them qualified to do anything.
All it does is prove that they are aware of H&S issues, should they work on a site (unless they have other qualifications recognised by the C&G).
Do you have a CSCS card?? If so ,,, what colour is it??? Green ,, by any chance?? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have a blue card :) the old man who has been at it for 35 years plus can only get the green card because his bog role he recieved has yet to this day been flushed onto the system!
Being site foreman on various jobs and one of the 'best' carpenters to hit a nail into some wood, it fills me with happyness when i get to nock him down a few notches by pulling out my blue card.

Australia/NZ/Canada even the USA would be a wiser choice then the goold old UK.

No employer in their right mind would employ a CC/CCC
We employ a large number of time-served Plumbers/Heating Engineers & apprentices and have loads of work, because we are pros!!
with kru`s ;) and £oads of dosh - good for you ;)

that is my point. these so called plumbers have de-valued our skills that we have worked extremely hard for an then they have the cheek to ask our advise when there the ones under cutting us OUTRAGEOUS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Such moaning is so pathetic.

Who sets the correct amount to charge for a job?
There must be plumbers charging more than you and some who charge less than you.

So are you de-valuing the plumber who charges more than you?
Or anyone who charges more that you, is ripping off their customers and anyone charging less is a cowboy and is de-valuing the trade?

This is the same bicering i see on many forums trade related, totaly agree ^^^^^^^^ its dog eat dog

Sponsored Links
Back