This is one brave cat

Sorry BT. Is that because I included the word 'American'?

I've nowt against Yanks. We have relatives there, and they're nothing like the Simpson family!

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sorry BT. Is that because I included the word 'American'?

I've nowt against Yanks. We have relatives there, and they're nothing like the Simpson family!

:LOL:
I think he was responding to me, rather than to you JB, but as you apparently have me on ignore, you'll never know, will you? :LOL: :LOL:

I love America and Americans JB. ;) I won't hear a bad word said against them; treated me lovely. People get politics mixed up with the people. The only way I was affected - I was noticeably louder when I got back :D

That brave cat was from where I lived :cool:

I'm a big fan of Yanks too. They're a bit crazy in the big cities, but get to small-town or rural America, and things are very different.

We toured the Southern States (yes, I realise I've just given 'Dipstick' some more ammo :rolleyes: ), but the people are the friendliest and most welcoming you could hope to find. Their manners are impeccable and from another age - teenagers calling me 'sir' (I was in my 30s at the time), and memories of spending evenings in bars in small towns but locals buying us beer all night because they were keen to talk to us. They wouldn't let us put our hands in our pockets, despite our protests. The Southern hospitality is real.

Great country, great people (mostly).

Sponsored Links
Yes, my experiences were exactly the same Whitespirit. If only they could just get over that "In God we trust" thing. Mind you, we got that awful sing-song about "God save our gracious Queen" going on..

I guess at least they are free whereas I'm just a Subject of our Queen. I feel like some kind of specimen in a Petri dish :unsure:

Sadly someone knocked on my door yesterday at 10pm, asking me if I am missing one of my cats, as this person knows I keep several cats, He had just stumbled across a cat that he said was Meowing very loudly and what appeared to him for no reason, and then crossed the road over, and just dropped dead by the curb!

He asked a few people around if anyone knows its owner, one guy pointed him to my house, he then then told me it could be one of mine, so i went to have a look and thank God it was not one of mine as I don't allow any of mine to the front, this cat appears to have injested something bad, some toxix plant or food or rat poison, and was fraothing at the mouth, poor thing, was still warm when an army of ants were already heading for him, another cat living nearby seemed very concerned and kept coming near this dead cat as if trying to get him to awake up, she was kind of padding him to get up, her owner came and took his cat away.

All i could do was to remove this poor thing from th road before any cars drove over him, put him in a bag, and then into a box, to be taken to a vet to have his tag read, unfortunately he didn't have any tag, quite dissapointing, someone who owned him may be missing him now. I paid £20 to have him creamated. Was not even my cat! But i felt heart broken.

Sadly someone knocked on my door yesterday at 10pm, asking me if I am missing one of my cats, as this person knows I keep several cats, He had just stumbled across a cat that he said was Meowing very loudly and what appeared to him for no reason, and then crossed the road over, and just dropped dead by the curb!

He asked a few people around if anyone knows its owner, one guy pointed him to my house, he then then told me it could be one of mine, so i went to have a look and thank God it was not one of mine as I don't allow any of mine to the front, this cat appears to have injested something bad, some toxix plant or food or rat poison, and was fraothing at the mouth, poor thing, was still warm when an army of ants were already heading for him, another cat living nearby seemed very concerned and kept coming near this dead cat as if trying to get him to awake up, she was kind of padding him to get up, her owner came and took his cat away.

All i could do was to remove this poor thing from th road before any cars drove over him, put him in a bag, and then into a box, to be taken to a vet to have his tag read, unfortunately he didn't have any tag, quite dissapointing, someone who owned him may be missing him now. I paid £20 to have him creamated. Was not even my cat! But i felt heart broken.

It may not have been poisoned on purpose, of course, but I'm afraid there are many evil people in this country who would willingly do that and cause animals pain and suffering.

And we call ourselves a civilised country.

I don't believe in God, but sometimes I just wish there was and that evil people like that burn in Hell for eternity.

Very True JBR, it doesn't matter about a belief in a God, but it makes you wonder how everything in nature must come to an end one day, nothing is forever, I felt so sorry for this poor thing as it was likely to be a ferrel or a stray cat, in the end I gave him his last rights, with a dignified dispossal, spoke to my local council who said just put him in my normal domestic rubbish bin! I couldn't beleive they said that. They do have an animal welfare department, but it looks after mostly abandoned and dangerous dogs, they offered to read his tag, so first took it to them and they couldn't find any chip on him, after that I drove him to my vet for a creamation and dignified dispossal of his body.

By the time I took this cat to have his tag read, his body was already decomposing so badly, the stench was unbearable, the Council's vet who was going to scan him nearly threw up! just shows you how quickly when our bodies stop functioning, we decay so rapidly literally overnight.

another cat living nearby seemed very concerned and kept coming near this dead cat as if trying to get him to awake up, she was kind of padding him to get up,

My old cat, long deceased, was very clever, but did not show any concern when his sister was squashed by a car.

I picked up her body and laid it next to him so he could see what had happened to her.

He just stepped over her and carried on walking.

I thought over the coming days he might go round the house looking for her.

Not a bit of it.

another cat living nearby seemed very concerned and kept coming near this dead cat as if trying to get him to awake up, she was kind of padding him to get up,

My old cat, long deceased, was very clever, but did not show any concern when his sister was squashed by a car.

I picked up her body and laid it next to him so he could see what had happened to her.

He just stepped over her and carried on walking.

I thought over the coming days he might go round the house looking for her.

Not a bit of it.

That would be like me finding road kill and then discovering it was coathanger. :LOL:

Oh come on Norcon
thumbsdown.gif

There's funny and there's sickening. You and your comments are exactly what gives RH's opinion of this site credence. :(

Why are you always licking up to him? If he exposed himself you'd even probably lick his balls. Fido could retire!
And when your finished he would hand you the flannel to wipe your face.
The one he wiped his arze with earlier. LoL

You'll learn yet.

Why are you always licking up to him?
"Always"??? :eek: Did some nut you know just steal your password and post on your behalf?!?!!! :confused:

Then he turns round and buries his boot in you. :LOL:
He's probably sick to death of the genuinely racist posters and so hitting out at anyone? I don't know...

Look! I don't want to get drawn into another 20 page 'War and Peace" dialogue. (I've only just come to the end of another one!). But it is off topic, (yes I know I'm a fine one to talk), and just a totally unprovoked attack.

Tact is knowing how far to go too far...

Sponsored Links
Back