Three meals per day

Out of their wage, many have to pay hundreds for their car every month (if they are a district/community nurse)

I knew one and got the impression that they were reimbursed on top of their salary for that, on a per mile basis, as is common in most industries.

Sponsored Links
Most people are grossly over-fed - we're the fattest nation in Europe (bar malta)

should a max BMI be put onto food banks ?

Agree never have we had such a tedious self entitled society when it comes to kids that can't be bothered to cycle to the chippy or wherever and can afford to pay someone on a moped to deliver it... lazy FFers! Used to be a small percentage of people now they're the norm. Comes back to this BS society of fear of offending and telling them how beautiful they are despite being obese and a burden on society real soon.

Digress somewhat from topic i eat at least 3 meals a day but am always energy aware my hot water cooks my rice and steams my veg, leftover goes onto next meal cold maybe.

I knew one and got the impression that they were reimbursed on top of their salary for that, on a per mile basis, as is common in most industries.

Well yes they are paid mileage (at the outdated 45p a mile, if it's their own vehicle in their name) but that's it. If you pick an NHS lease car as we do, you are of course charged monthly for that and we are paying £250 for a Focus at the moment, with only 22.5p a mile in fuel as it's not ours'. In the past we went to Ford direct, but the NHS lease offerings were more competitive. Our plan doesn't include tyre cover either so that's something we have to fork out for, and doing 10-15k a year in work mileage wears them out!

With regards to the thread question, to be honest I'm probably similar. At the weekend I rarely eat much at all. I'll have some toast and an egg for breakfast, don't really do dinner (or lunch as some call it) and then the only real eating event is the evening tea. Normally at the weekend we're either out walking or I'm working on something -- eating just becomes something done out of habit when I don't really feel I need it. That's why I cannot stand driving to eateries, having a huge two or three course meal and driving home. Don't feel I've earnt it at all...

I found I ate a lot more when I was furloughed in 2020, when I absolutely didn't 'need' it. I imagine those stuck at home economically inactive may have poorer eating habits because they may not have the type of routine brought about through a job. It sounds harsh but - I think - a reasonable assumption.

I was actually taught at school by my biology teacher to eat five small meals a day. Little and more often was the rule she taught us.

Sponsored Links
to ensure her kids could have their three per day - REALLY?

Yes, really. This is quite common in poorer communities. Hard for wealthy people to understand, but poverty is still a big problem for many people in the UK.

Where on Earth does that annual average figure come from? No fully-qualified nurse at the top of their band will earn £34k... I think that figure is skewed by the 'managers' at bands six and seven who bring home grossly inflated wages. Don't let them warp your perception of who has really been doing the hard work during all of this. Out of their wage, many have to pay hundreds for their car every month (if they are a district/community nurse) and if they're at a hospital they'll likely be paying daft prices to park every week.

A Quick Overview Of Nurses' Salaries In The UK In 2022

The Royal College of Nursing has estimated that the average annual salary of an NHS nurse is £33,384.
More broadly, we estimate that the average salary for a nurse is somewhere between £33,000 and £35,000.

That takes into account the average amount of experience of a UK nurse, and data collected on major job boards.

With regards to the thread question, to be honest I'm probably similar. At the weekend I rarely eat much at all. I'll have some toast and an egg for breakfast, don't really do dinner (or lunch as some call it) and then the only real eating event is the evening tea. Normally at the weekend we're either out walking or I'm working on something -- eating just becomes something done out of habit when I don't really feel I need it. That's why I cannot stand driving to eateries, having a huge two or three course meal and driving home. Don't feel I've earnt it at all...

I found I ate a lot more when I was furloughed in 2020, when I absolutely didn't 'need' it. I imagine those stuck at home economically inactive may have poorer eating habits because they may not have the type of routine brought about through a job. It sounds harsh but - I think - a reasonable assumption.

I was actually taught at school by my biology teacher to eat five small meals a day. Little and more often was the rule she taught us.

I am soon to put the evening meal on, liver and onions, peas and/or green beans, with either chips or mashed - not made my mind up yet which. All I had this morning was a slice of Marmite on toast. Wendy doesn't like liver, so she has chosen a beef pie to be put on. If we are peckish later, we might, but probably will not have a sandwich. Last take-away was three /four years ago, last burger out, a few weeks ago and exceptional. We don't even go out to collect F&C's, she makes them at home.

We have not had a meal out since the end of November, since I said we needed to cut down a bit on spend, but we would walk there, unless the trip was combined with a big shop.

I'm retired, whilst she works, so I shop for the regular items. Even when working in my last job, out all day on my own, I only had the one meal on an evening, never bothered stopping for lunch even when there was time. I just took a flask of coffee and had a drink whilst doing paperwork. When working with others, it would be into a pub for a pint at lunchtime, nothing to eat.

Logged in, you can now get 7Gb for sick squid.

Not for us. EE has dreadful coverage at home.
Plus, PN don't do 5G.

A Quick Overview Of Nurses' Salaries In The UK In 2022

The Royal College of Nursing has estimated that the average annual salary of an NHS nurse is £33,384.
More broadly, we estimate that the average salary for a nurse is somewhere between £33,000 and £35,000.

That takes into account the average amount of experience of a UK nurse, and data collected on major job boards.

Ah, I've seen that before from the RCN (which each nurse has to pay a yearly fee to!). I think that 'average' figure is skewed by wages in London and the SE. Don't forget also that in practice, you'd have to have been qualified as a nurse for at least 10-12 years before reaching salaries around £34k (taking into account yearly pay increases too). If you had stuck at nursing that long, then in my view you've deserved it anyway.

Nurses aren't heroes and none of the nurses I know call themselves one, but for all the sh*t they have to deal with, I think it's a justified salary for most.

The first meal is normally cereal, and the second meal sandwiches, so the woman could heat and eat then.

There may always be the option of getting a job.

Sponsored Links
Back