Three Way Valve Issue ?? Am I being ripped off ??

You mean a job half done !! :LOL:

At least you got 50%... Your installer has seen sod all....

You got the job that you were priced for, it's not a requirement that we should be able to read the minds of customers.... This is fortunate as many cusomers minds are a blank page....

What boiler do you have fitted sir?......... Um, um I dunno... A white one

Sponsored Links
OK guys I think we better end it now or the DIY.NOT server will be getting overheated...........unfortunately not much chance of my bathroom rad going the same way !!

Thanks for that little gem........you've just proved my point !!

But this is what we get on the 'phone every day...

Ok, Ok ... is your boiler a combi?...... Oh yeah, the white plastic pipe froze up in the Winter.
Right sir, its a pretty modern boiler then, do you have a water cylinder in the airing cupboard? Oh no!
Ok so you have a combi!..... But we have plastic tanks in the loft!

Surly it is the responsibility of the house owner to at least have an inkling of how their homes work and what systems they have, but no most folk have no idea about their homes other than how much they can remortgage it for....

Sponsored Links
Thats good of you to be so humble Dylan, its not easy to admit when your wrong. :p

No I've learned a lot. I now know I'm a right unreasonable cxnt who's treatment of my engineer shows what a complete wxxxxr I am and I should hang my head in disgrace. I've been very disrespectful to the central heating profession and I am writing a letter to GasSafe asking them to pass on my sincere condolences to all members of this forum. Hopefully what I've learned from this I can take forward with me in life to try and make myself a better person. It will be very hard I'm sure but with God on my side supporting me I know I will be able to make it eventually. When I buy my next house I will have to make sure it has electric heating as I am not worthy of any heating system powered by gas.

In the meantime....... didn't I do well. Got 54 replies to my post !!

aww this is true romance when a complete twoat comes to terms with reality and finally recognizes his position in society :rolleyes: apology not good enough fuhk you!

and by the way not all customers are stupid this is a false assumed statement as some are very clued up some are not often referring to the cylinder as the boiler but this isn’t a problem and doesn’t bother me but you? you are on another level as you seemed to have failed on many occasions to realise that based on what you explain the installer hasnt ripped you off as such just genuinely failed to realize an existing issue but anyway its done now youve come to your senses

remember commonsense must always prevail you dont need to have qualifications or training to have commonsense ;)

Surly it is the responsibility of the house owner to at least have an inkling of how their homes work and what systems they have, but no most folk have no idea about their homes other than how much they can remortgage it for....

Precisely, and it's those handy types who this forum was supposed to help. Eg. those with an old fashioned homeowners knowledge of changing fuses, simple wiring and plumbing, basic vehicle maintenance etc. Looking for advice to tackle something more modern or challenging like a bathroom suite, kitchen, shower pump or water tanks.
Then along came every useless halfwit with their
'am I being ripped off'-
'what should I pay for'-
'what's the cheapest'-
'I'm looking at the Salus'-
'How much to fit if I buy myself?'.

Then along came every useless halfwit with their
'am I being ripped off'-
'what should I pay for'-
'what's the cheapest'-
'I'm looking at the Salus'-
'How much to fit if I buy myself?'.

:D :D :D :D

Very true and i'm getting a bit bored with those :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back