Tiling Advice

Sponsored Links
You were right guys.

P1020001.jpg

P1020002.jpg

P1020003.jpg

:cry:

You were warned. Now it's all got to come out and start again.

Try to plan the brick borders to avoid the slithers in corners, tiny cuts in corners. if you get stuck my friend im based myself in new brighton..

Sponsored Links
how do these people get away with work like this?

If I said what I want to say I'd probably get arrested.

The trouble is, this was done while we were away...

The trouble is, the ice green borders are discontinued, and there are only a handful left in stores and those are far afield....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I just want to lock myself in a darkened room for a week and not come out.

But I have to carry on.

There is now a basin unit next to the bath. The tiles do not meet it. :evil:

tiling3.jpg

Its shocking that someone has had the nerve to take money for it, and not even mitre a plastic internal cut (5 secs) to do!!

I assume its the same fitter whos done your shower cubicle etc..

If you havnt paid yet then strongly advise you dont!

We are stalling the cubicle.

The tiles, I shall talk to Mrs Secure. In terms of how the bathroom guy is handled, she's the boss.

I'm rubbish in that way, I would just shout at them, tell them they're carp and they would storm out, only to return with a legal letter through the door later in the day.

B&q borders they are. used them myself on a job last week and easy to cut and fix, and a bargain at £1each!
Make sure white adhesive is used!!
PVA is a swearword for tiling..... even though some tubs state its ok i personally wouldnt risk it

PAUL!!

First of all thank you for a very kind offer of help. You never know, we may just take you up on it....

Have you got any spares of the border tiles?

B&Q are very thin on the ground of these now and we'd like some more to rectify this awful work.

If you have, we'd gladly buy some off you.

And is there a way to tidy up the tiling without ripping it all off the wall?

Hi mate iv no tiles left as i had to go and buy extras. how many do you need as i can check my local BQ as im always in there? Its difficult to say about the tidying up the tiling without seeing the full extent. but i always say thers a solution to every problem.

Yes, please, Paul, that would be great!

I'm not sure if you can still get them now but if you can, if you could get us 20, we will reimburse you.

Thank you.

Simon.

Hi, iv managed to get you 9 borders in ice white but im going to try and get the other 11

Thank you very much.

Just to make certain it's the same tile, the EAN is 5030659059802

On the label is " TG ICE GLASS BORDER 200 x 50mm " and the number 9802.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back