Tiling bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just about to lay 2.5mm vinyl tiles in the bathroom over plywood. Do I need to seal the plywood before gluing?

I've got to cut round a quadrant shower enclosure. I have a few ideas how to markst it, but is there a normal technique for marking round things?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
no ned to seal the ply.
cut out some same size as the tiles stiff paper an after tiling up to the enclosure make templates for each vinyltile. eg if the vinyl is 300mm x 300mm then paper templates at 300mm x 300mm.
theres pro methods for scribing but i cant explain them on here

no ned to seal the ply.
cut out some same size as the tiles stiff paper an after tiling up to the enclosure make templates for each vinyltile. eg if the vinyl is 300mm x 300mm then paper templates at 300mm x 300mm.
theres pro methods for scribing but i cant explain them on here
Hi B,
Good stuff, much appreciated, I should be able to do it now.
No need to give trade secrets, I understand.
Thanks.
C.

camerart, no mate, i mean its too complicated without pics of some kind. i'm not up to keeping trade secrets. but glad it helps

Sponsored Links
camerart, no mate, i mean its too complicated without pics of some kind. i'm not up to keeping trade secrets. but glad it helps
Hi B,
Overnight I kind of worked something out with a square and sliding 'following stick' to copy the curve as it moves round. You definately need picture to explain it:)
Thanks.
C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back