Tiling Splashback - Addhesive and Grout Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to tile my kitchen splash back tomorrow and have purchased some lovely tiles "made by the British Ceramic Tile Company".
The tiles are like a slate grey/black colour.

What are the best grouts and adhesives to use?

The sheds seem to only sell the unibond tile on wall adhesive is this a good choice?

Also they do a grout call Mepei Flexible wall and floor grout in a silver colour which I quite like.
What is this product like?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I went to our local tile place today and picked up some BAL Grips (Super Stuff)

Also I picked up some BAL Microcolour grout with microban.

I did the tiling today and its looking good I will grout it in a few days time.

Sponsored Links
don't forget to run a bead of good quallity silicon along where the tiles meet the counter top. stops spills geting down there and slowly destorying your wooden counter top! make sure grout is dry and clean off any dust before siliconing. i actually silicon the tiles before grouting if i can. then make sure silicon is dry before grouting!;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back