Tim Martin has run out of beer

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and exactly as predicted, some people are blaming covid, rather than brexit.

Sponsored Links
I was in a busy Spoons in Coventry this afternoon... I had a beer. Seemed to be lots of beer

I was in a busy Spoons in Coventry this afternoon... I had a beer. Seemed to be lots of beer

So it's your fault - you drank it all!

Sponsored Links
I lived in Coventry for 3 years, but that was in the 90s, pre spoons I think. Only pub I really liked was The Shakespeare on Spon Street. Apparently still a good pub. Another near the Cathedral was good, Golden Cross. I do remember going to one cheap pub with a mate on a Sunday lunch, they did cheap pitchers of beer. Had 4 pints of something strong then slept the rest of the day.

The curries were amazing. Quick Stop Curry was the best, on the way towards the Stoke ward I think.

I lived in Coventry for 3 years, but that was in the 90s, pre spoons I think. Only pub I really liked was The Shakespeare on Spon Street. Apparently still a good pub. Another near the Cathedral was good, Cross Keys? I do remember going to one cheap pub with a mate on a Sunday lunch, they did cheap pitchers of beer. Had 4 pints of something strong then slept the rest of the day.

I'm having an Indian then will have couple. Fascinating mish mash.

Odd town. Shame so much of it was bombed. If you go into the cathedral, right at the back there is a little chapel room, or something. In it is a sculpture my best mate's dad made - sort of ironwork - he was an artist, died of cancer too young a few years back :(

Odd town. Shame so much of it was bombed. If you go into the cathedral, right at the back there is a little chapel room, or something. In it is a sculpture my best mate's dad made - sort of ironwork - he was an artist, died of cancer too young a few years back :(

That's what I thought..... blame the Germans..... it's really y old . Then 1950s new town look with a bit of modern scattered omoungst it all... very multicultural a few down and outs.

Screenshot_20210901-192119_Gallery.jpg

The curries were amazing. Quick Stop Curry was the best, on the way towards the Stoke ward I think.

My brother was a student at Birmingham Poly in early 90s, lived on Bearwood Rd in Hagley. Seemed to exist on baltis - though I must admit there were some great balti houses. Some real spit and sawdust places - Formica tables, tv on in the corner, bring your own beer - but great baltis. Perry Bar Balti House seemed to be favourite. Had a few great nights on the lash in Brum.

Sponsored Links
Back