Tim Martin has run out of beer

Sponsored Links
happy days. I used grab a bottle of wine for £3 and have a balti and naan for about £5, cheap night.

Sponsored Links
happy days. I used grab a bottle of wine for £3 and have a balti and naan for about £5, cheap night.

I went to Stuggart a good few years back. It was 90% bombed to the ground. They just built it up again as it was. Fantastically beautiful city.

As intriguing Coventry is it definitely is not beautiful. Its just a city of add ons...

Yeah. they did design the new town with old in mind originally, then they ruined it with add ons.
eg. from the pedestrian shopping area, if you turn back you will notice it nicely frames the cathedral - but then they built a foot bridge across the view, then escalators, then another bridge ... this is the problem with design and architecture - people do great things, then others come along years later without considering why people did something
I think it must have changed loads again since I was there.

upload_2021-9-2_9-8-11.png

upload_2021-9-2_9-10-16.png

nice block paving though, that looks new

Doing more work at the moment from your last picture upwards...

The new cathedral is lovely modern architecture. All be it I'd say 1970s?

My way they are all Bangladeshi
A huge number of "Indian" restaurants are.

Whats more - Bangladeshis who cant cook.

But what can you do when there are people like someone I saw on Tripadvisor who gave a restaurant a bad review because he couldnt find anything on the menu that was "traditional" so had to order chicken madras as it was the only thing he could recognise...

A huge number of "Indian" restaurants are.

Whats more - Bangladeshis who cant cook.

But what can you do when there are people like someone I saw on Tripadvisor who gave a restaurant a bad review because he couldnt find anything on the menu that was "traditional" so had to order chicken madras as it was the only thing he could recognise...

Have you tried South Indian.... I've been to one in Nottingham and Brightlingsea and they are a different class...

I asked last night and they said it was Indian as apposed to Bangladeshi yer I see a photo of a Pakistani cricketer so not so sure and they didn't serve alcohol.... either way I had the Thali so a bit more traditional than a madras.

When I go to Prague they have a small chain of excellent veggie proper Indian (Beas Dhaba) restaurants/takeaways with takeaway style seating where you get a metal tray divided into sections and help youself to all the different curries, sides, samosas, breads, soups, lassi, rice, etc, etc. It's cheap and authentic and so good that a confirmed carnivore like me doesn't notice the absence of meat.

Out in Wetherspoons tonight plenty of beer plenty of people. Girls are Ugley

Out in Wetherspoons tonight plenty of beer plenty of people. Girls are Ugley

I stopped off in Ugley once. Seemed quite nice.

I saw the Womens Institute hall.

Sponsored Links
Back