Tim Martin has run out of beer

I stopped off in Ugley once. Seemed quite nice.

I saw the Womens Institute hall.

Yes I drive through often. They had to rename the Ugly woman's institute..... its a nice place as you say. I very worked there once. Ugly green in fact.

Sponsored Links
Wetherspoons is said to be running out of things like Coors and Heineken, which are fizzy foreign chemical compounds and cannot really be called beers. Some time ago Tim said he would be concentrating on buying British, and I've found that up and down the land Wetherspoons always has Ruddles, which is a good old-fashioned straightforward British beer, and the mighty Abbot Ale, which is very tasty and strong. Beside these there is always a selection of local real ales. The number of these local ales dwindled due to Boris's scamdemic but their number is rising now. Tim for PM.

My local Wetherspoons ran out of Ruddles last week but it is back on tap today.
I think Wetherspoons should be nationalised as a lot of people consider it an essential service.
Older folk in reduced circumstances due to alcohol dependency issues used to have to sit on park benches with carryouts because they couldn't afford pub prices.
However with the arrival of "Spoons" those vulnerable groups can now spend their days in relative comfort and security in a Wetherspoons pub.

Sponsored Links
Tim Martin Says Wetherspoons Beer Shortage Stories Were Partisan Fake News - Guido Fawkes (order-order.com)

The media made plenty of noise last week over the alleged ‘beer shortage’ at Wetherspoons. Both the Independent and the Mirror leapt at the chance to say the chain had “run dry“, with the Mirror then landing its killer blow by insisting this was all “caused by Brexit“. Naturally.

Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin has now pushed back to say these claims are all untrue. The reality is that beer supplies actually remain at 2019 (i.e. pre-pandemic) levels, and that the shortage of a few products over the last two weeks is the result of strike action from one major brewer. Martin added:

“There is clearly a shortage of HGV drivers, both in the UK and in mainland Europe- where, some reports say, there is a shortage of 400,000 drivers. Following the pandemic, there are supply chain issues in many other parts of the world also. In the light of the undoubted problems, it is important that the public is provided with accurate information. Factual inaccuracies and partisan Brexit politics will not assist in finding solutions.”

France, Germany, and Spain are all experiencing an HGV shortage at the moment. Probably down to Brexit too, somehow…

Good old Tim even issued an RNS to the markets.

Investegate |Wetherspoon (JD) PLC Announcements | Wetherspoon (JD) PLC: Inaccurate Reporting of Beer Supply Issues

Friday 03 September, 2021

Wetherspoon (JD) PLC
Inaccurate Reporting of Beer Supply Issues
4099649_c9454c56d48e843be9b5750e7410a3d9.png

RNS Number : 7325K
Wetherspoon (JD) PLC
03 September 2021

For Immediate Release

J D WETHERSPOON PLC

Inaccurate Reporting of Beer Supply Issues at JD Wetherspoon PLC

Wetherspoon referred yesterday, in a RNS ,to an inaccurate report by the BBC which incorrectly said that "Wetherspoon runs low on beer".

In fact, Wetherspoon beer stocks in pubs, as we stated yesterday, are approximately the same as for the same period in 2019, although there have been supply issues for a minority of products in the last fortnight, following industrial action, including an overtime ban, which affected a major brewer.

Our attention has been drawn to other misleading articles on the same subject.

For example, a Mirror headline (1 September) said that "Wetherspoons runs out of beer amid Carling shortage ", and the article itself said that "Bud Light, Carling and Coors taps" have "run dry". These comments are untrue.

The Mirror added that the "beer shortages at the pub chain" are "caused by Brexit". This is not true because recent supply issues are mainly due to industrial action.

An Independent article (2 September) also said that "Wetherspoon is running out of beer", which is untrue for the same reasons.

Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin said:

"There is clearly a shortage of HGV drivers, both in the UK and in mainland Europe- where, some reports say, there is a shortage of 400,000 drivers.

"Following the pandemic, there are supply chain issues in many other parts of the world also.

"In the light of the undoubted problems, it is important that the public is provided with accurate information. Factual inaccuracies and partisan Brexit politics will not assist in finding solutions."

3rd September 2021

Enquiries:

Ben Whitley Finance Director 07970 477428

Im finding it hard to believe the self-serving hypocrisy of Tim Martin railing against "factual inaccuracies and partisan Brexit politics", saying "it is important that the public is provided with accurate information".

Bit late to be trying to salute that particular flag, Tim.

My local Wetherspoons ran out of Ruddles last week but it is back on tap today.
I think Wetherspoons should be nationalised as a lot of people consider it an essential service.
Older folk in reduced circumstances due to alcohol dependency issues used to have to sit on park benches with carryouts because they couldn't afford pub prices.
However with the arrival of "Spoons" those vulnerable groups can now spend their days in relative comfort and security in a Wetherspoons pub.

It may vary, but the first Spoonies in my area used to be crammed with ex-Mariners and retired shipyard workers.

Swigging cheap beer from morning to night enabled many of them to shuffle off the mortal coil earlier than expected.

Sponsored Links
Back