Tim Ottridge of Corgi resigns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just read on the Argi site that Tim Ottridge, MD for registrations, has resigned from Corgi after only a year in post. Corgi say they will not replace him but will slim down their management structure. Tim has apparently had another offer outside the gas industry.

Sponsored Links
i think corgi are getting themselves deeper & deeper in the s***, i`ve been saying to fellow installers for over a year now that i think corgi will collapse under its own weight !. may be this is the start ?

"Outside the Gas Industry" ?

Now would a job doing gas registrations for NAPIT be classed as "outside the industry" ?

If so then he could join some of his other ex-CORGI colleagues like Bob Henry.

Tony

Sponsored Links
By the way, CORGi has banned NAPIT from the Installer Live event later this year!

I would remind you that CORGI does not actually run the exhibition! So they have no ability to ban anyone from the show!

In reality we all know that its an events company set up by CORGI to run its events and it does just what CORGI tells it to do!

The CORGi comment says:-

"""Mike Thompson said: 'We have been very clear in our opposition of NAPIT's bid to run a second gas registration scheme from the very start'. 'I fundamentally believe that the initiative proposed would be a backward step for gas safety'. 'To that end, I feel that it would be inappropriate for NAPIT to exhibit at InstallerLive - a decision that we have taken about other potential exhibitors that may not positively impact on gas safety'.

'If you look at the list of exhibitors that are at InstallerLive, you will see that we are not anti-competitive'.

'Magazines are exhibiting - we too run a trade magazine'.

'Competent Persons Scheme providers are exhibiting - we too run Competent Persons Schemes'.

'Retailers of merchandise are exhibiting - we too supply CORGI registered installers with merchandise'.

'We are in favour of open and fair competition - this is not about competition - this is about gas safety'.

'I am surprised by John Andrew's comments about two members of CORGI staff attending a NAPIT event in disguise.

In fact, they were invited as CORGI, and it was only when a delegate approached the CORGI representative and asked for details on our Competent Persons Schemes that NAPIT got upset'.

'Perhaps they don't like competition after all?'"""

Why doesn't this site allow argi/dot.org.uk to be displayed? Would the Mod care to comment?

MOD 2 i dont have a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back