Time to move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd post here first as it’s where I started but the whole DIYnot forum is turning into a mindless troll sheitehole & I now seem to be personally targeted, perhaps because I’ve been here so long & post every day I don’t know. Equally I don’t know what goes through their tiny minds, it’s certainly not sensible or constructive argument. General I can understand, that’s what it’s about but when it comes to the trade forums, I’ve very nearly had enough of it. I’ve only kept going recently because a lot of folks out there benefit from good advice & Tiling seemed to be imune but it's now happening on there & the Mods don’t seem to give a sheite about the mindless crap that is being posted, destroying almost every aspect of the trade forums.

Sponsored Links
because a lot of folks out there benefit from good advice

Rich - hope you can stick it out.
Me for one has had a lot of good advice from you since I joined.
I wouldn't want to see the next generation of Newbies without help ;)

Richard,

Please don't quit.

I've only been a member for a couple of months but have already benefitted greatly from the good advice you always give. There are a lot more people out there who would miss out if you stopped sharing your knowledge.

I understand the way you feel, I got caught up in the childish tit-for-tat last night and was sorry I bothered wasting my time on it.

Perhaps if all the sensible members agree not to get involved with the odd-balls they may just get bored and move on. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I hope not. It does seem a bit odd that the mods seem to let so much go - perhaps they'll see sense when they read your thoughts.

Anyway, I'm sure I speak for the vast majority in asking you to keep on contributing, as it wouldn't be the same if we lost one of the 'elder statesmen' from the forum.

Cheers,

mr.h ;)

Richard C,

As a long time lurker on these forums, I must admit that this is the only time that I've actually felt compelled to actually register and post myself.

Aside from anything else that happens between individuals on these boards, it's worth remembering that there is also an enormous amount of newbies, youngsters and DIY enthusiasts sent here from a Google search who pick through these posts looking for tips and guidance from people such as yourself. It would be a terrible shame to walk away and a) Deny people the benefit of your experience; and b) Admit defeat to a band of individuals who frankly do not deserve the recognition.

I for one have learned many things from your posts over the years, as I also have from many of the other long time and respected posters throughout these forums, and I hope that you will treat the small minded, foul mouthed, argumentative idiots with the contempt that they deserve.

Sponsored Links
Admin,, Mod 10,, I think i represent the vast majority view on here,,, but instead of deleting multiple abusive posts from Plstering, it's about time you deleted/got rid of Plstering himself, the multiple abusive poster. This person is "killing" the Plastering Forum and you're doing "NOTHING" about it. If you don't get rid of him now, you're going to lose many of the people on here who make this Forum tick. Time for Plstering to be "chucked out", he now contributes nothing on here, and is bad for this Forum in general. Enough is enough, we're all sick to the teeth of this abusive, foul mouthed, self centred individual, and he's only got himself to blame. It's your call now Admin!!

you shouldnt leave rich itll be a great shame which is what i have said to you from day one DONT LEAVE there are many people who need the knowledge you have and as i have said before, although i have been doin this game for 9 almost 10 years i still learn alot from your posts which have helpd me out in my own jobs

I wont tell you to stay Rich as if you arn't happy and certain "numptys" are making your stay here unhappy then it's best you do what makes you happy. Please bear in mind that the level of advice being given to you is clearly and thoughtfully written and accurate. You helped me a number of times and I would like to take this oppertunity to personally thank you for that, it was greatly appreciated. I hope you make the right descision.

John

If you do decide to call it a day RichardC.
It will be a sad loss and again the so called trolls will win.
You have a great knowledge that is an invaluable source, for not only those that are seeking help/advice, but also those that like me, that do have some knowledge on the trades you choose to advise on.
I often read your posts and on many occasions have learned from them.
It's your call whether you stay or go, the numpties can be ignored but your knowledge will be missed.

If you do decide to call it a day RichardC.
It will be a sad loss and again the so called trolls will win.
You have a great knowledge that is an invaluable source, for not only those that are seeking help/advice, but also those that like me, that do have some knowledge on the trades you choose to advise on.
I often read your posts and on many occasions have learned from them.
It's your call whether you stay or go, the numpties can be ignored but your knowledge will be missed.

Well said, Prentice.

And we'll have an epidemic of cracked fireplaces !

Dunner be daft Rich, stick around, the chancers will be gone soon enough.
chancer im no chancer m8 id show you how its done any day

Time for you to sling your hook!! You are an imbecile!and contribute nothing to the forum.

@Richard c.
You are an assett to this forum and would be sorely missed, dont let the minority ruin it for the majority.

Admin,, Mod 10,, I think i represent the vast majority view on here,,, but instead of deleting multiple abusive posts from Plstering, it's about time you deleted/got rid of Plstering himself, the multiple abusive poster. This person is "killing" the Plastering Forum and you're doing "NOTHING" about it. If you don't get rid of him now, you're going to lose many of the people on here who make this Forum tick. Time for Plstering to be "chucked out", he now contributes nothing on here, and is bad for this Forum in general. Enough is enough, we're all sick to the teeth of this abusive, foul mouthed, self centred individual, and he's only got himself to blame. It's your call now Admin!!

Well said Roughcaster.

Time to clear out the garbage which has infested the forum of late.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back