Today's mystery item

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found 40 of these in a box, any of you clever people any idea what they are.
1708181260861.png
1708181267088.png

Sponsored Links
Looks like one of those jigs youtube carpenters flog

Sponsored Links
Quite - but, in this day and age of some rather daft (IMO) practices, maybe he's trying to view it on a phone, or even a 'watch'? :)
Just looked on my phone, didn't find a need to zoom.
No I don't have any ideas either. Material looks somewhat similar to some of the very old DIN terminals but at 95-100mm it doesn't work for me.

Just looked on my phone, didn't find a need to zoom.
No I don't have any ideas either. Material looks somewhat similar to some of the very old DIN terminals but at 95-100mm it doesn't work for me.
It's obviously very difficult by just 'looking', but it certainly does 'have the appearance' of some sort of thermosetting plastic.

As for what it is, I don't really have a clue, either - but, as per blip's comment, I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with anything 'electrical'.

Kind Regards, John

If you have no idea what they are, they're useless!
That's not necessarily the case. My cellar is full of things I've acquired over the decades, many of which I haven't a clue as to what they are, or what they were intended for - but it's not uncommon that I eventually 'find a use' for them :) (and almost certain that, if I threw them out, I would discover a 'need'/use for them the next day :) ).

Looks like a form of Heddles block, except it's probably not.
I too cannot see to much detail as I cannot zoom in on that photo without it becoming unrecognizable.

Do the metal parts move/slide apart?
What is that bottom right, screw head? pin?
Looks like the U shapes at the top sides are for something to slide into.

Probably end up with them being some sort of furniture/wardrobe fitting.

Most likely not as it was described as "electrical equipment" when it was given to me.
Perhaps - but how sure are you that the person who gave it to you actually had any idea as to what they actually were? ..and, if the person still exists, could you ask him/her now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back