Today's Walk...

Sponsored Links
This happens with white British. I did it myself. I found a new development in
Northlakes Queensland . Known as little Britain I'm sure there are lots of little Britains around Aus. It is a comfort thing I regret now as I wouldn't go to Benidorm.
What are you on about..I go to the canary islands,mallorca,,not benidorm...Nout to do with "little britain" comfort etc.

All I can do is talk from experience and from studying (at great detail) the census returns of 1971 to 2011.

A personal story now... Two generations of my family owned a chippy in a poor suburb. They kept prices lower (against the advice of the financial adviser) so that people had a place to eat. My grandmother was a big figure in the community. Everybody used this chip shop and everybody mixed (Indian women with curry sauces, coppers, factory workers, men, women). The community was poor but strong. They sold the chippy in about 1981. My grandparents lived nearby but in the early 2000s moved off the street. Since then around 11 or 12 different nationalities have moved in there. There is no sense of community, the police crime maps show it is a hotbed of minor crime and the area is visibly run down. Most of the people on the street work but none are interested in the area they live in -- there is just no connection to the it.

Appreciate it's only a specific case but it's part of the reasons which led me to form the opinion I have now.
Are you suggesting the chippies demise was a causal link in community breakdown?

Sponsored Links
Wow.
I feel heartily sorry for you.
Your parents have given you such a blinkered upbringing with such a narrow-minded viw of the world and that is truly sad.

To think what you could have become with an unencumbered upbringing and a balanced view of the world and the people who inhabit it.

Phil Larkin was spot on:

They f**k you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fu**ed up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.
Another miserable pessimist

Er...I asked Bogddggd not you..?

I've been several times. I have also visited the old town and the bars and restaurants well away from the British tattooed gammon yobs.
Good for you.I am mixing you and Bodd up.

Sponsored Links
Back