Toilet spray gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've been in the Southern Hemisphere for a few weeks and noticed that most toilets have a little sort of shower-head spray-gun type device next to the bowl used to blast away any 'remnants' of your movements, instead of a toilet brush. It seems like a mighty fine idea and much more hygneic than a festering brush so I'm going to incorporate it into my new wet room.

Only problem, I can't find the key piece of kit in my usual stores. Picture below, it's basically a thumb operated spray gun much like you'd get for the garden hose but nice and chromed up and with a shower hose attachment.

Anyone seen something like this for sale anywhere in the U.K.?

Cheers.
IMG_8962.JPG

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that's instead of a brush?
I think it's meant to supply water to the origin of the "remnants"?

Sponsored Links
Not allowed without a break tank and pump arrangement. But everyone one that has asked about them on here has demonstrated how little they care for their health and that of their neighbours and have ploughed on anyway.

:mad:Well you can lead a horse to water and all that. But if they don't want to hear what we say we can't make them

What's all this about them not being allowed? So I can put one on an outside tap surrounded by rat droppings and dog crap with just a double check valve but suddenly in the vicinity of human feaces it needs a whole new set of regs?

Are you sure that's instead of a brush?
I think it's meant to supply water to the origin of the "remnants"?
Ha! If you'd seen the pressure the water came out you'd know it wasn't designed to be aimed anywhere near those parts!

It could hit the ceiling (and you probably would too!)

The reason for use is in the title "Muslim" & "Douche" ffs, and not allowed by water regs in the UK but as Dan said you see them all over.

please post a link to the relevant regulation 'banning' this type of faucet or just go back to your opinionated dungeons and let the rest of the world get on with getting better.

It's treated the same as the bidet image above - Water Regulations require that it has backflow prevention to Fluid Category 5. A double check valve only protects to Cat 3. Essentially you're not allowed to connect it to the water main in the UK - it must be tank fed on its own dedicated supply

Here's a better diagram....
wras_3.jpg

please post a link to the relevant regulation 'banning' this type of faucet or just go back to your opinionated dungeons and let the rest of the world get on with getting better.
Baby, toys and dummy come to mind whenever I see this type of response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back