Toilet spray gun

Sponsored Links
Regs aside, shouldn't in a sensible world, a double check valve be sufficient. Is there ever going to be a situation where there contents of the bidet/toilet could backflow.

Regs aside, shouldn't in a sensible world, a double check valve be sufficient. Is there ever going to be a situation where there contents of the bidet/toilet could backflow.
It's not up to us to say - it's unlikely, but not impossible, and the health risks if that were to happen are not good

Sponsored Links
I agree completely on the health risks, but the water regs always seem to be the utmost worst case scenario that could ever be thought of. First there's the double check valve to get past, then the pipe would have to be empty, and that's assuming the the mains water pump gone out.

It's interesting that this device seems to be aimed at the Muslim community, so I wonder how many of these have actually been installed. If so, are we trying bolt the stable door after the horse (shyte) has bolted.

unless you believe in the 'miasma' theory, then an air-gap/break is the only sure way, I'm domestic dwellings, to prevent the potential transfer of bacteria such as v cholera... and we've had our share of problems with this, in the U.K., in the not to distant past.

Still no one has posted a link to a regulation. Just two diagrams with no citation.

What's the regulation? That the backflow radius of a flexible hose cannot be in reach of something your arse might touch?

So if I place the hose so that it's spray can reach into the toilet but the 'head' itself cannot actually go into the toilet, then it's ok?

There are several hoops to jump through (did you see what I did here).
It's all well documented but I'm sure the OP knows best.

The regulations say: so long as the hose isn't long enough to actually enter the toilet pan, this can be done with no requirement for any backflow protection at all.

Great,bye then.

Crack on...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back