Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the horizontal length of 4” pipe from cistern frame to the face of the 92.5 degree bend which goes into the main stack pipe, is 1400mm and has a fall of 45mm i.e 1:31.6, is this okay? I’m aware 1:40 is the standard. See attached for more details.

Also the joint of the bend and the 4inch pipe will end in the wall, is this okay too? That is how it was before.

I have replaced the orginal pan with a geberit wall hung frame in the same position but due to raise in levels, I rearranged the waste pipe to decrease the fall but the above fall is what I managed to get.

I will appreciate your advise.

Attachments

• 4A94D331-22BA-4523-8CE0-31E2FC18E816.jpeg
    4A94D331-22BA-4523-8CE0-31E2FC18E816.jpeg
    554.1 KB · Views: 351
Sponsored Links
Would think it should work but you won't know until you've tried it particularly with the horizontal bend (if I've read your drawing correctly). Might need more regularly clearing out.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Would think it should work but you won't know until you've tried it particularly with the horizontal bend (if I've read your drawing correctly). Might need more regularly clearing out.

Blup
Yes horizontal bend, so at the frame there is a 90mm dia 90 degree bend, that’s then connected to the 110mm pipe (using a geberit adaptor) which is connected to a 92.5 deg bend into the stack. Is the problems will be mainly due to the stated fall or the bend? The previous toilet pan had the same arrangement (not sure about the fall & it was a normal bend behind the pan) and I didn’t have any problem for the short period I used it.

FYI I have used an access 92.5 bend to connect to the stack.

Last edited:
Yes horizontal bend, so at the frame there is a 90mm dia 90 degree bend, that’s then connected to the 110mm pipe (using a geberit adaptor) which is connected to a 92.5 deg bend into the stack. Is the problems will be mainly due to the stated fall or the bend? The previous toilet pan had the same arrangement (not sure about the fall & it was a normal bend behind the pan) and I didn’t have any problem for the short period I used it.

FYI I have used an access 92.5 bend to connect to the stack.
Have seen alot worse and they have been fine..6 students putting kitchen roll etc down might test it a bit,but other than that,,fine,,worse case,,,plunger!!it aint rocket science

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back