Tomato Paperwork

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Excellent, I await the posting up of your evidence of this with baited breath.
“Mr McMahon’s statement does not say that 20% of all EU checks take place in the Irish Sea. He says that, based on a calculation, 20% of documentary SPS checks take place in NI – i.e. that one fifth of a certain subcategory of a certain type of check take place here”

Sponsored Links
Yet my fruit and veg from abroad is cheaper now than it’s ever been. Why is that?
that was the original claim filly

Strange how you and mot are trying to twist it round. It's there in black and white.

Can either of you prove this ? Stop swerving and back up the wild claims, or give over

that was the original claim filly

Strange how you and mot are trying to twist it round. It's there in black and white.

Can either of you prove this ? Stop swerving and back up the wild claims, or give over

Oh OK then,

See how food prices compare to 30 years ago and you might be surprised

Just one food of those we investigated is actually more expensive today

New Which? research shows that in the UK we actually spend less on food than previous generations did, and many popular foods are cheaper now than they were 30 years ago.

In the 1950s we spent a third of our income on food shopping, but in 1974 this had gone down to 24%. By 2016 food shopping accounted for just 10.5% of our income.

Use our supermarket price comparison to get the best deal on your shopping.

Globally, after Singapore and the US, the UK spends the lowest proportion of household income on food shopping, lower than our European neighbours Germany, France and Spain.

We've compared how much popular foods cost in 1988 with the equivalent cost in today's money, accounting for inflation, and the actual cost in June 2019. All foods we investigated are cheaper to buy now, apart from white fish.
1677450227664.png

“Mr McMahon’s statement does not say that 20% of all EU checks take place in the Irish Sea. He says that, based on a calculation, 20% of documentary SPS checks take place in NI – i.e. that one fifth of a certain subcategory of a certain type of check take place here”

Mr McMahon’s statement does not say that 20% of all EU checks take place in the Irish Sea. He says that, based on a calculation, 20% of documentary SPS checks take place in NI – i.e. that one fifth of a certain subcategory of a certain type of check take place here.

When asked to provide details of how this calculation was made, a DAERA spokesperson said: “The AERA Committee was advised that from Jan-March 2021, evidence received from the EU TRACES database indicated that the volume of checks for products of animal origin at NI POE constituted approx 20% of the EU total.”

When the DUP’s claim was put to the European Commission (EC), they said they were unable to categorically confirm or deny the statement, saying that, “Our UK partners have not provided us with any information on this matter but we are aware that different statistics have been cited in the media.”

Germany have about the same number of food banks as UK (although a larger population), France at 130 million meals given out seems the highest but the figures are reported as 'meals' rather than food packages like the UK's 1.6 million.

It's no secret these countries have had large influxes of spongers masquerading as asylum seekers. I imagine they are the main customers of these food banks. For this reason, I would never donate to food banks.

You imagine wrongly and you are depriving others of much needed assistance.

That's why the majority of us voted Brexit - all our industries are going abroad and we want to end reliance on other countries.

I agree with most of what you say. Except, unfortunately the same people who invented Brexit are the same ones who have presided over the sale of many of our companies and industries that were worth having. The same politicians again want to make us even more reliant on foreign food producers by rewilding the countryside and importing substandard, low welfare meat from the other side of the world with trade deals that damage our own farmers. Politicians, mainly Tory in these cases, are the problem - not the solution.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back