Tomato Paperwork

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
How many times do I have to tell you - stop asking questions until you start answering them. Blimey, you really are as thick as mince.
So go on then...

Show us how your fruit and veg prices are cheaper than ever...

You won't because you can't!

mottie/motman lives in a fantasy world...

And there's no need for anyone to mince their words about that fact! ;)

Sponsored Links
If supplies of fruit and veg are in shorter supply - and as a result fetching higher prices, why go through the extra costs, complexity and aggro of shipping them right across Europe, across The Channel to Plague Island?
If that is what's happening it shows that we rely too much on foreigners, we should make proper use of our own people and resources. The answer is not to go back in the EU - that would be like a drug addict going back to his dealer instead of fighting to get clean.
No, that's not what i said. There is certainly extra paperwork to be filled in .......

The delays at Ashford are on the return leg of the journey - because transport firms almost always find a return load to ensure their costs are covered.
If that is what's happening it not an insurmountable problem. Transport is being delayed, not prevented, and only by paperwork. Is it the same at other points of entry like airports and docks? It could be easily solved if there is the will, by bringing the army in for instance. When I voted to leave the European Union I knew this kind of thing would happen - because the Government didn't have a plan and didn't want us to leave, and still hate the fact that the YES side won. Paperwork is a pathetic excuse and I don't believe it - I think it is lack of effort by the authorities to make Brexit work, and I wouldn't rule out sabotage being involved either.
Until relatively recently we used to buy at least half our tomatoes grown under glass in Middlesborough. That operation originally started out by using excess heat from the rolling mills (steelworks) up there,
That's why the majority of us voted Brexit - all our industries are going abroad and we want to end reliance on other countries. Another poster stated that some farm land around London is wanted for house building - well, as house building is needed because there are so many immigrants here this is another thing we are giving up to foreigners.
Surely you have seen the pictures and reador heard news reports about the queues and wait times at Ashford in Kent? This article is from a Kent newspaper 2 years ago whilst there is this piece from the BBC last year. Despite the MSM not covering it, the delays are still happening
That was 1 and 2 years ago, the tomato shortages have only happened in the last week.
It is a lot of paperwork, it can’t be avoided
Paperwork is a pathetic excuse.

That was 1 and 2 years ago, the tomato shortages have only happened in the last week.

Paperwork is a pathetic excuse.
But it's necessary now we put a barrier up. WE put up the barrier.

You did understand trade wouldn't be the same, in either direction, didn't you?

You did understand that ? None of these shortages and barriers were not warned about.

Sponsored Links
As expected, nothing up-to-date from filly.

FFS John even someone as pathetic as you should be able to come up with a better counter argument.

Do you still maintain France's food aid is lower than ours? Do you still maintain that Germany's food aid is almost equivalent to ours?

Of course you and Notch are still avoiding my question. WHY, if the standard of living etc in these countries is so high as to make the UK look like paupers, do these countries need food banks at all?, let alone more than us, it doesn't make sense.

Paperwork is a pathetic excuse
Andy, the EU put an awful lot of effort into removing the paperwork so businesses could trade with one another without it.

The UK faces the same paperwork for every country in the world now.

But it's necessary now we put a barrier up. WE put up the barrier.

You did understand trade wouldn't be the same, in either direction, didn't you?

You did understand that ? None of these shortages and barriers were not warned about.

They're not particularly necessary, as they aren't with other countries around the world. If there's a mutually acceptable agreement over the NI protocol, I would certainly expect to see a softening of requirements in other areas. If the NI talks break down or the agreement is unacceptable, I expect things to get a lot worse in other areas.

We'll probably just have to wait and see.

I don’t like tomatoes

So not that bothered tbh

But apparently bad weather in Spain and morroco is a factor in the
Shortage of some of this produce

The UK faces the same paperwork for every country in the world now.

No it doesn't, nor the same customs checks, and EU customs checks on UK goods outweigh the customs checks on their entire easter border.

Of course you and Notch are still avoiding my question. WHY, if the standard of living etc in these countries is so high as to make the UK look like paupers, do these countries need food banks at all?, let alone more than us, it doesn't make sense
I’ve already told you.
It is possible to have food banks and still be better off.

I’ve given you the evidence UK has fallen behind.

but you desperately cling to false arguments, because that’s all you have

and EU customs checks on UK goods outweigh the customs checks on their entire easter border
Ive debunked that lie a number of times

No it doesn't, nor the same customs checks
WRONG

The Single Market removes non tariff barriers to virtually nothing compared to WTO rules.

trade deals generally don’t remove non tariff barriers, certainly the ones we have don’t.

I’ve already told you.
It is possible to have food banks and still be better off.

I’ve given you the evidence UK has fallen behind.

but you desperately cling to false arguments, because that’s all you have
And still struggles, or refuses to understand

They're not particularly necessary, as they aren't with other countries around the world. If there's a mutually acceptable agreement over the NI protocol, I would certainly expect to see a softening of requirements in other areas. If the NI talks break down or the agreement is unacceptable, I expect things to get a lot worse in other areas.

We'll probably just have to wait and see.
Of course they are necessary, certainly to export to eu. We left it and have to accept their rules

It's called paperwork, but can be online too. Although the driver needs a copy with him.

Importing is still a bit easier (harder than it was before) because we still haven't got our borders under control. But we keep getting told it will happen. If you think paperwork slows things down now, just wait

So go on then...

Show us how your fruit and veg prices are cheaper than ever...

So go on then...

Show us how your fruit and veg prices are dearer than ever...

Sponsored Links
Back