Tool questions

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20210703-075205_Gallery.jpg
I cut down one of my nail punches to have a big end then hit the french nails below surface then two part filler and painted it.
Screenshot_20210703-075525_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-075501_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-075402_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-075314_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210703-075205_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-075402_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20210628_131844.jpg
    20210628_131844.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 56
Hell! you do make life hard for yourself, I commend you for having a go at making a living but that filling isn't the best:eek:

Last edited:
Hell! you do make life hard for yourself, I commend you for having a go at making a living but that filling isn' the best:eek:
Two pack? Electric planer with extractor. Flat surface. It's quick.

On curves I use polyfilla

Sponsored Links
I cut down one of my nail punches to have a big end then hit the french nails below surface then two part filler and painted it.
Looks like a nice job, never used a 'two pack' filler before (or even know what one is), be interesting to know how it lasts, for bigger areas like above the flat nail heads it needs to be as pliable as the wood or you can get cracks. I once used resin, made a beautiful job then 6 months later it had cracked at many of the repair sites.

Two pack resin? Think car body filler like Isopon which is fundamentally the same sort of product. Just remember that it is hard stuff, so machine sanding is the order of the day

Last edited by a moderator:
You can mix popcorn into it to make it easier to sand.

:ROFLMAO:

Electric planer with extractor

Blimey, I'd never use a planer for flushing 2 pack.

2 pack wood filler is soft - abrasive is fine: belt sander or abrasive with sanding block or timber block. RAS is poss, but its rubber backing pad may lead to an undulating service.

Blimey, I'd never use a planer for flushing 2 pack.

2 pack wood filler is soft - abrasive is fine: belt sander or abrasive with sanding block or timber block. RAS is poss, but its rubber backing pad may lead to an undulating service.
Sorry Festool electric sander not planer with extractor. It's quick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back