Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Been looking at getting some equipment, what do you think of the following?
Fluke T5-1000.
Fluke 902 clamp on meter
Megger MIT230 or MIT400.

Any feedback welcome.

Sponsored Links
Yep, I've had a fluke T5 for about 7 or 8 years now. Use it every day and it's still going strong.

With all tools you have to consider light fingers. I stopped buying chrome tools black ones last longer less attracted to magpies.

If where you use them is secure then get good ones but if not then use cheaper.

I realised the time taken looking after tools can cost more than tools are worth so one has to on times take a chance.

Pink handles on Pliers are good they last ages!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies so far. Looking for good tools. The T5 does seem like the bees knees. With regards the megger, I was told the BM400 range is or was a good make. Have used the Robin range. The MIT400 replaces the BM400 range. Anyone any use of the MIT230 or the MIT230?

Isn't the fluke T5 just a repackaged multimeter? If so it is no good for proving dead.
A tester such as a fluke T50 is probably more suitable.
I quite like the Megger MFT1552 multifunction tester.
It depends as to what you intend to use the clamp meter for as to which one to buy, some will measure with P&N running through them, some will measure powerfactor and phase angle etc.

The fluke T5 is basically a dumbed down auto-ranging multimeter.

Very useful for general work, especially fault finding. However they do not comply with GS38 for proving dead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back