Tory party to change back to imperial measurements

Sponsored Links
There is no need to alter the UK sizes of drinking.

A pint is 568 cc and well established as a convenient unit for drinking beer.

A bottle of wine is 750cc and a reasonable volume to be shared between two over dinner. And a suitable volume for an alcoholic, who does not drive, to drink on their own during an evening.

The French used to sell cheaper wine in 1 litre bottles but they were really too large for normal use.

Just a lunatic scheme by Mogg and other rabid Brextremists.

A bottle of wine is 750cc and a reasonable volume to be shared between two over dinner. And a suitable volume for an alcoholic, who does not drive, to drink on their own during an evening.

The French used to sell cheaper wine in 1 litre bottles but they were really too large for normal use.
Ever been to a pub or similar in europe that uses metric measurements and thought that the drinking experience was ruined by the size of the drink available

Sponsored Links
Ever been to a pub or similar in europe that uses metric measurements and thought that the drinking experience was ruined by the size of the drink available
Pubs in Britain also use metric measurements.

I believe 17% of the population wanted to reduce the amount of Imperial measurements in use, but I've lost the link to that stat.

Perhaps the consultation should have been flipped the other way?

Thank you to France, for the 3,5,10 litre boxes, so that one is not throwing half the bottle down the sink.

Yes, the Munich beer festival in Germany, selling litre glasses of beer is an experience not to be forgotten, except I usually can't remember a thing.

More than a gnat's knacker, for certain though.
I honestly don't know if those are actual Imperial measurements. It's an utterly stupid system.

Five thousand years of people making it up as they go layered on top of each other and 'it was good enough for my parents ' by predominantly illiterate peasants.

All a load of baloney imo

There has always been a mix of metric and imperial measurements in the UK

I honestly don't know if those are actual Imperial measurements.

Perhaps, ask Gnat ? ;)

I really don't mind yards, miles, feet and inches.
Stones, pounds and ounces (and drams), either.

I don't have much use for chains or rods, although furlongs can be involved in an enjoyable day out (y)

Sponsored Links
Back