TP5000 to nest 3generation

Reaction score
Country
Luxembourg
hello Team
I know there is an old topic about the same thing but I'm not sure I understand

can you tell me if when I change I have to connect the tp5000 the brown and black cables or it is in yellow

regards

Attachments

• IMG_9002.jpg
    IMG_9002.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Capture d’écran 2021-11-17 182304.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-11-17 182304.png
    408.9 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
if that is indeed the nest that you have that you posted a pic of, that is a US one you need a UK one , that one is not suitable for UK

i will use french model do you know where i connect because i waiting blackfriday for buy

Sponsored Links
i will use french model do you know where i connect because i waiting blackfriday for buy
If it’s just for a thermostat, I’d recommend a Nest e - these are 2 wire and would suit the location. If you’re after control of hot water and heating, or you want a learning thermostat, then go for the one @ianmcd has suggested.

i buy suggest in black friday but when i receive where plug 2 wire ??

i receive

Attachments

• F9B19E03-1675-4E4C-8CAE-07B1883A8D4C.jpeg
    F9B19E03-1675-4E4C-8CAE-07B1883A8D4C.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 112
That's picture looks like a Nest 3rd gen, although it doesn't appear to say Nest on the Heat link button. Maybe you have something different in France / Luxembourg?

If it is a Nest 3rd gen, in the UK, the wiring terminals are normally as below.

heat-link-jpeg.251594

If yours is the same as above, the two wires in your existing thermostat go to terminals 2 'heating common' (brown wire) and 3 'heating call for heat' (black wire)

Your old thermostat is battery powered, but the Nest Heat link is mains powered, so it also needs a 230V supply connecting to the N & L terminals. This should come from the same electrical connection that also supplies the boiler.

If you are planning to connect the Nest thermostat to the T1 & T2 terminals to provide it with 12v (instead of a separate plug in power supply) then you will also need to provide an earth connection to the earth terminal.

If you have something different, post back details of the wiring terminals.

I am in a building.
From what I understand, its mandatoy use heat link ?
but i can t have >>> This should come from the same electrical connection that also supplies the boiler.
i am in building with other with other apartments and shared boiler

Last edited:
The Nest thermostat won't work without the Heat link, but the Heat link does need 230V power from somewhere. Here in the UK it should be from the same power supply as the boiler so that for maintenance one switch isolates everything. Perhaps that is not a requirement where you are, and you can connect it to an electricity supply from elsewhere. Or, is there perhaps an isolator somewhere that just switches off the power to the heating control of your apartment that you could use?

If you had taken the advice of @CBW.....
If it’s just for a thermostat, I’d recommend a Nest e - these are 2 wire and would suit the location.

.....and bought a Nest-e (UK Version) you wouldn't have the same problem as it is battery operated the same as the your existing thermostat and would just use the same two wires.

drjpkxzwl9h41.png

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
i think is better solution thermostat E it's really a shame the other one looks great with the added bonus of intelligence

in your setup the nest simply opens a 2 port zone valve, the valve takes control of everything else, it does not get conected to the boiler in any way

hello Team i install like picture but
I test I set to 13 degrees but it makes the heating work very hard it seems that the thermostat does not work well I have sam config stem

my old conf
IMG_1120.jpg

i connect like you @stem blue top or black btm
but I config 13 degrees for testing but the radiators get super hot

hello Team i install like picture but
I test I set to 13 degrees but it makes the heating work very hard it seems that the thermostat does not work well I have sam config stem
I assume sam should be same, but there are loads of pictures which one is it the same as? There are a number of possible errors, which include how the thermostat has been set up. I found my boiler firing up when not required due to errors in set up.

Have you fitted Nest Gen 3 or Nest e? Picture of what it looks like now would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back