Traffic wardens

Yes, also weird how the lights work on Audis and Beemers when abandoned wherever they feel like it, but not when needed to indicate turns, lane changes.........
Can you explain what you have against Audi and BMW drivers?
Envy?

Sponsored Links
An unlikely story. And as you only just arrived as the decorator was being bundled into the police car, you were unaware of the unfolding of the events.
So you have either invented the story, or you were that decorator and twisted the time elapsed details to suit your anecdote, or you knew the decorator and have heard his twisted version of events, in so far as the time elapsed details are concerned.

There is no strict requirement for traffic wardens to monitor a vehicle for any period of time before giving it a PCN.
While some contraventions are eligible for an instant fine (parking on zig-zag lines outside a school, for example), others (such as stopping on double yellow lines) may need an observation period of anything up to five minutes to prove that, for example, passengers weren’t alighting or goods weren’t being unloaded.
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/traffic-wardens/

2. If you're making a commercial delivery or pick-up
Loading or unloading your van? It's OK to stop briefly on double yellow lines to do so, but you must be continuously loading or unloading the whole time you're parked. There's also a time limit – 40 minutes for heavy goods vehicles and 20 minutes for light goods vehicles.
https://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/van-insurance/knowledge-centre/running-your-van/parking-on-double-yellow-lines#:~:text=It's OK to stop briefly,whole time you're parked.&text=You can pull over on,there are no stopping restrictions.​

Go away.

Ignore it filly. They (traffic wardens) always break the rules.
Example. If a warden has started writing out a ticket & you come back to the vehicle, they will say sorry you’re to late, I’ve started the ticket...
Thats wrong. They know it.
A ticket is only valid once filled in complete & placed on your windscreen or handed to you directly.
I’ve appealed 5 now. Same thing. I’ve driven off before it’s placed on the windscreen & I’ve got the ticket in the post. You appeal & fail. (Even thou there is no photographic evidence) it will then after 2 appeals go to an independent adjudicator & the council suddenly realise an “administration” error has occurred & they won’t pursue any longer.
THEY NEVER APOLOGISE THOUGH!!
5 times. Same thing.
Remember. Has to be completed & placed on windscreen or it’s not valid.
I’ve seen them hiding around the corner when my time has nearly run out. Pre entering my details so they can finish it quicker.
One once ran down the road from me when I caught him doing it & when I asked for his id number, he put his hand over his number & ran down the road.
Weasel.

Envy?

That they are imho more likely than other drivers to drive like they own the road, and that everyone else has no right to be there.
(But I've already said that - in fewer words, admittedly ;)) earlier in the thread.

Envy? No.
I have not coveted any BMW since the late eighties hard - top M3, so no envy there.
And wrt the three pointed star, I'm currently looking at a gle or gls, but can't justify one right now because the company gives me a car anyway, and I only have a three - car driveway.

Sponsored Links
Envy?
Nope.

Not envy at all.

It is a bit of a stereotype. Not all Audi, BMW or Mercedes drivers act like this, but many are driven stupidly, too fast and act in an arrogant manner (for example pushing in, parking inconsiderately etc).

Try it one week. When you see a driver acting as I describe, write down the car's manufacturer.

You'd be surprised how many are from those marques.

That they are imho more likely than other drivers to drive like they own the road, and that everyone else has no right to be there.
(But I've already said that - in fewer words, admittedly ;)) earlier in the thread.

And it's surprising how many of them are stupid enough to play 'chicken' with a man in a van. I've never been beaten yet.

I remember being in Kuching in 1981 and the comment hurled at drivers acting like that was "Your grandfather['s] road, Huh?"

And it's surprising how many of them are stupid enough to play 'chicken' with a man in a van. I've never been beaten yet.
So what you're saying is that you are as bad as them. And you seem very proud of that fact.

Ignore it filly. They (traffic wardens) always break the rules.

The second time I copped a ticket off Westminster council, I'd gone to look at a job behind Abbey Rd Studios, found a meter and realised I didn't have any change, So I literally ran over to the corner shop and bought a meat samosa, when I got back the warden in a hi viz jacket was writing my ticket and said "really sorry mate but I've started it now so have to finish", I took it on the chin and stuck my couple of quid into the meter, I was more annoyed with myself for not spotting him.

Anyway, after he stuck it on the screen, he walked across the road, took off his hi viz, under which he was wearing a camouflage jacket and pushed himself up against a bush.

I respond to aggression with aggression, I'm certainly not ashamed of that.

threatening them with physical violence, eh?
I doubt any traffic warden has done that to you.

When did you last get out of prison?

...stupidly, too fast and act in an arrogant manner (for example pushing in, parking inconsiderately etc....

pulling out without signalling, going over a stop sign, going too fast to shave minutes off the journey time, changing lanes unexpectedly and swerving into a narrow gap...

some women say "men drive like they make love."

Last BMW driver left it to the very last moment where his lane was coned off, ended going through the cones. The one before that trying to come off a slip road onto a motorway, suddenly noticed me on his immediate right and had nowhere to go because of his speed, than up the leading edge of the Armco - no I had nowhere to go either, L2 and L3 were packed.

BM and Audi drivers seem to drive an inordinate number of cars with modified exhausts to make lots of noise, which suggests to me that there must be something very lacking in their lives, or their personalities, that they feel so desperately the need to be noticed when on the road.

So what you're saying is that you are as bad as them. And you seem very proud of that fact.

Last Sunday evening.
I had to go into the office, to pick up some equipment for Monday.
Almost home, and pulled up in the (signed and road - marke ) correct lane for straight on.
White 15 plate 5 series touring pulled up to my left (the left turn lane).
Lights went green, we both pulled away.
Beemer boy decided he wanted to go straight on after all, and just drifted across into my front off corner, until I had no choice but to either let him hit me, or brake.
I don't need the shoite of courtesy cars, so I braked, hit the horn, and full - beamed him.

What's worse, the cap - wearing cheeky **** then slowed down.
After I pulled along side him and told him to pull over, he booted it off into the distance, so you could add speeding to his rap sheet in that half - mile stretch too.

Sponsored Links
Back