Traffic wardens

I would guess there were a few cars behind you, his mindset was "push in".

Not one, it was gone 8pm on Sunday night.
Just your typical Beemer c##t.
Stupid thing is, iirc, he could have pulled up in the empty lane to my right, and gone straight on while observing the road signs and markings......

Edit : Just checked on Google maps. I was right. Left turn only lane - straight on lane - straight on and right lane.
**** picked the one lane in three he shouldn't have been in.......
Waste of road signage and line - paint.....

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Let me first say I'm not equating one with the other in terms of societal impact, however getting folk in the UK and other countries to give up and/or use their cars less is almost as much of an uphill battle as getting American's to give up their guns. There is correlation to traffic wardens in my assertion. If people used their cars less, especially for shorter trips, there would be more spaces and possibly less opportunities for traffic wardens to issue tickets.

However, in the defense of drivers, our public transport infrastructure needs to dramatically improve if we are to achieve this. And if you're reading this as a public transport user who lives in a major city, please don't assume public transport is as frequent and/or cost effective everywhere else cause it ain't. There are many obstacles to overcome to convince the public to give up the convenience a car brings, even if the parking element can be a nightmare!

I guess I am extremely lucky in those respects. Its a semi-rural area, big city 8 miles away, with buses to there passing just 100 yards away every 15minutes. 300 yards away there is a 30 minute rail service to the same city. I can walk to a supermarket or the main shopping street in 10 minutes.

Getting my car out of my garage and out of my drive gates, plus the parking takes longer than using other methods, so my car rarely gets used. I do seem to be in a local minority though, no one else with a car walks or uses the buses - how strange. I see them get in there cars, drive to the station and park up for the day there.

It's the short unnecessary trips in the car, which many need to be dissuaded from doing in cars.

If I could have a speed gun, the ability to book mobile phone users as well as issuing parking tickets - I think I could quite enjoy the job, I would soon start and reduce the national debt. Should be able to raise about 10k a day.

I think pedestrians should be banned from looking at mobile phones while they walk... and earphones IMO... They must have death wishes... In the city (pre lockdown) you had to have eyes everywhere... They're like bloody lemmings!

Sponsored Links
True. Joggers who suddenly appear from a side road & start running straight across a zebra crossing giving drivers about .3 of a second to React.
Don’t get me started on delivery mopeds......

How’s the snow in PB dialio? It started whilst I was in Trent Park this morning.

How’s the snow in PB dialio? It started whilst I was in Trent Park this morning.

It's starting to vanish thank fu¢k... I have to be in Tower Hamlets at 8 in the morning.
It started whilst I was fitting a Franke 4in1 tap in Goff's Oak this morning... Needed a degree in hieroglyphics to understand the MI's :mad:

It’s hard to make them look neat. Big ol storage tank!

I Put it under the plinth. MI's clear as mud about connecting to the DHW or not... Can't find the bypass valve on parts site.
Custard was happy to have it connected to cold feed only :D

True. Joggers who suddenly appear from a side road & start running straight across a zebra crossing giving drivers about .3 of a second to React.
Don’t get me started on delivery mopeds......

All of them dressed in black too! Feckin idiots.

Hot water stays as existing feed. I think it’s cold water/ filtered cold/ chilled cold/ & boiling isn’t it? Can’t remember.

Hot water stays as existing feed. I think it’s cold water/ filtered cold/ chilled cold/ & boiling isn’t it? Can’t remember.

Nope. Fitted as standard, it does the hot to the tap as well... Hooking up to the DHW is an option, as is doing both with a bypass valve to choose by user. I suppose their USP is that you get hot/boiling water even if your boiler/DHW pack up.
Custard thought it did fizzy water as well! :ROFLMAO:

Quooker have started that. Another cartridge (compressed air) has to go in the sink unit!

Sponsored Links
Back