Traffic wardens

Sponsored Links
Just done the same filly. You can’t just chat on here without weirdos like him deliberately annoying. What a life they must have.

Sponsored Links
upload_2021-1-23_18-14-5.png

That didn't quite go to plan...

It is no coincidence to find the two marques are Audi & Mercedes.

This was not planned. I did not wait around ages.

I was waiting outside Boots & within a minute or so, these two pulled up.

That didn't quite go to plan...

It is no coincidence to find the two marques are Audi & Mercedes.

This was not planned. I did not wait around ages.

I was waiting outside Boots & within a minute or so, these two pulled up.

Providing you have either of those two marques and can find the hazard light button, it allows you to legally park absolutely anywhere :)

He had always intended to go straight on.
Possibly, even regardless of the "half-a-tennis court" sign, and bloody-great white "left turn only" arrow on the lane he decided to pull up in.
I'd been waiting at the lights for a good twenty or so seconds before he pull up alongside me, so I clearly wasn't obscuring his view of them.

I would guess there were a few cars behind you, his mindset was "push in".

Let me first say I'm not equating one with the other in terms of societal impact, however getting folk in the UK and other countries to give up and/or use their cars less is almost as much of an uphill battle as getting American's to give up their guns. There is correlation to traffic wardens in my assertion. If people used their cars less, especially for shorter trips, there would be more spaces and possibly less opportunities for traffic wardens to issue tickets.

However, in the defense of drivers, our public transport infrastructure needs to dramatically improve if we are to achieve this. And if you're reading this as a public transport user who lives in a major city, please don't assume public transport is as frequent and/or cost effective everywhere else cause it ain't. There are many obstacles to overcome to convince the public to give up the convenience a car brings, even if the parking element can be a nightmare!

I can jump in my car (okay not during covid but in normal times) late morning, pop to the retail park a few miles away for a few things, pop in to visit some family/friends, pop back to the retail park if I forgot to buy something, go from there to the supermarket for my weekly shop, throw the bags in the boot then head for home by late afternoon.

Try doing all that on a bus ...

And yes I get the argument about changing the way we function day to day, the current approach/model can't be sustained etc, however given the convenience we've grown to know and love going by car, all I'm saying is it's much easier said than done. Of course what'll happen is the average person will be priced out of motoring more and more ...

Last edited:
Coz they're unthinking idiots.

I've posted the story before on here, of the woman who was shouting about the "ridiculous lack of parking" outside her cherub's school.

"I've had to park all the way down there", she said, "and I only live there", pointing out her house, less than a couple of hundred yards away.
When the headmaster pointed out that she'd have been better off walking in the first place, she told him to "not take that tone with me".

(Sutton Coldfield, mid - nineties.)
can believe that! Regularly see one school mum take her kids to the local school in her car - less than 200 yards - cause so many cart their kids to the school in cars she has to park much further away on a muddy ex-grass verge!

those SM's are total nuisance as the school entrance is on the brow of a hill so they even park on the Yellow Safety Hatching or double park - they just don't see anything wrong with their parking stupidity.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back