trainee plumber wanted in bristol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a trainee plumber in the bristol area.On the job you will learn load's of hands on work including bathroom's,kitchen's,heating systems,rad swop's,tiling.I work with a team inc chippy,builder,spark so there is always something to learn.And i will help you through your nvq qualification.I have got 4 previous people through there nvq and my current trainee will be finished in april,so i,m looking for some one quite soon.if anyone is interested please get in touch.

many thanks,jimmy

Sponsored Links
Golly expect a line from Bath the Bristol for a golden opportunity like this.

Well maybe able to tempt 1 or 2 into doing an honest days work. :eek:

Why are you not taking on an apprentice Jimmy?? Turning out these course cowboys is very detrimental to our trade.

Why are you not taking on an apprentice Jimmy?? Turning out these course cowboys is very detrimental to our trade.

They are taking on an apprentice Dickie :confused:

Their existing one finishes in April, so I assume the next one is a continuation.

Sponsored Links

They are taking on an apprentice Dickie :confused:

Their existing one finishes in April, so I assume the next one is a continuation.

I don't think so DIA, I think he's getting course cowboys doing NVQs on work experience & not paying them. Certainly sounds like he's not going down the normal apprenticeship route, but I may be wrong??

Youth unemployment is at an all time high in this country, we need Skool leavers employed as apprentices & not on some mickey mouse course!

Now guys, don't knock him. He's offering someone an opportunity which you should not criticise him for.

Part of good quality work is an ability to spell - or use the Spell Check.

What like my spelling of 'Skool'?? That's just used to get up the nose of the forum Spelling Polis(Scottish word for Police).

The abilty to spell is only important for English Teachers, not Plumbers!!!........... :LOL:

If I were a customer, I would be more impressed by one who could spell.

Just a general observation, nothing personal!

If I were a customer, I would be more impressed by one who could spell.

Just a general observation, nothing personal!

Oh I agree, but most good tradesmen I know can't string two words together, so being able to spell is no reflection on anything. It's a fact that's well documented; how so many people that are top achievers are dyslexic - Jackie Stewart & Richard Branson to name two of an endless list.

hi

Thanks for all the replies,and to answer a few questions the trainee will get paid what the goverment allows me to pay a trainee also as their skills grow the more they get paid.I would also want someone who is at least in their second year at college or even finished college and are looking to gain their nvq.Just to give you a bit of back ground i work for my self and i'm gas safe,work within a group but the work i do is my work and they sub directley to me so there is a vast potential to learn for the right person,as a said above the group includes a chippy,spark,builder and me.The range of work is varied from full heating systems,boiler breakdowns,kitchens,bathroom,aswell as maintainance contracts i have.

If anyone want's any more info please pm me
many thanks,jimmy

hi jimmy,

I was wondering if you were looking for another trainee anytime soon? my name's Alex, i'm 26 years old and live in fishponds, bristol. I'm currently studying C&G Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing 2 evenings a week at Filton college. I'm looking for some on site experience as a trainee/apprentice in the plumbing/heating industry in and around bristol, full or part time, even the odd day here or there would be great! I'm very hard working and reliable, have my own van and would be willing to travel, have my own tools, steps and drill. I have a valid CSCS card, IPAF cherry picker licence and have had plenty of site experience in the past as an alarm engineer. I'm very keen to become a fully qualified plumber and looking to start work asap. Give me a call on 07926000721 if you're interested.

cheers alex

I wonder who Jimmy found!

Its very odd, but there dont seem to be many training in this field any more.

I used to get several calls and letters every month. There were also nearly one a week posting on here loooking for a placement.

The Gov apprenticeship schemes also seem to have been improved but as far as I know are still aimed at the under 26s. Thats surprising now that people are expected to work until they die!

Tony

Hi all
yes found someone in the end,about june time last year.
But i'm now looking again as he has decided he is going back to his old job as he can't earn enough plumbing as he is still training.i did explain to be patient and the money would go up as he gains more experiance.

cheers,jimmy

Well Alex here is waiting to start with you.

As long as you are not put off by someone who has fitted alarms!

At least he'll know how to do electrics, know how PCBs etc work and be able to fault find. That's far more than some numpty that fits soil pipes for a living.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back