Tray not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a 1200 x 800 try fitted it was put down with tile adhesive and is out of level by 4mm on the front 1200 edge, the plumber said that its not too much, Will I have problems fitting the shower door?
He has been paid so having a problem getting him back, the shower has not been tiled yet.
The tray is a mira flight low profile 40mm so not cheap and am worrying I will have to pay for a second one.

Sponsored Links
Fitting the door may not be a problem, but does the tray drain properly? Most doors have a degree of play in them to allow for wonky walls etc.

There may well be some adjustments that can be made to compensate for walls/trays etc out of level.I speak from experience as Ive just completed an en-suite refurb and the original installer must not have possessed a spirit level.However the door etc had enough adjustments to compensate.Try initial installation without final fixings to see what adjustments need to be made.I'm not so sure about fixing shower trays with tile adhesive,what do the instructions recommend?Sand and cement I should think.

Before going any further I'd be hooking the waste up and playing with buckets of water, just to see what happens. Some of the low profile trays have a very shallow fall on them - being a few mm out of plumb could make all the difference.

Sponsored Links
I phoned Daryl showers today and they said if the tray is out the lifetime guarantee will be void :cry:

If it's not been laid long you may be able to get it up again using wedges, a hammer, and a lot of care and patience

Thanks for the replies.. I have spoke to the fitter who put the tray in and he is of the mind that 4mm is not a problem, but have told him Mira has sent me an email saying it has to be level and on both the tray and door Mira or Daryl would not uphold the guarantee, the fitter said the earliest he can come back is the middle of next week :cry: I guess I'm going to be out of pocket ... think the best action is to find a good fitter to take over the job as its a complete refit .. new loo, vanity basin, all built in and floor tiles too. I have only paid for what has been done so far.

Mike

Yes, if he has norsed that simple task up, imagine what he could do with the harder stuff!

Hello Peeps .. Almost the end of the story ..
Got a real plumber in .... Got the tray up, took a long time, then ply +sand and cement .. job done.
Hes said he has been behind the other plonker before .. grrrr

many thanks for your help ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back