Treadmill power supply/plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We recently bought a used domyos treadmill. It has a foreign plug and came with an adapter. We’ve used it prob 5 times fine but now it isn’t working there’s no power. I looked closer at the adapter and it says shavers only and has a 5amp fuse. I tried to swap it but it’s really thin smaller than even the 3amps I have here. Anyway I’ve ordered another adapter with 13amp fuse but I’m just impatient and interested to know if you think it’s likely to be that that is the problem? If not and it doesn’t work with new adapter any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If it is like our Decathlon treadmill, it has a Schuko plug (pictured below) and using a shaver adaptor is dangerous.

You can buy a proper 3 pin plug adaptor that fits onto the Schuko plug that ensures earth continuity, as mentioned by SK above.

Alternatively, if it is a "flat" 2 pin plug, you can also buy a 3 pin plug adaptor for that, if you'd rather not chop off the factory fitted ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pin-Euro-P...+adaptor&qid=1573064842&s=electronics&sr=1-22

upload_2019-11-6_18-11-58.png

EDITED for Ooops.

Sponsored Links
Thank you I will try one of those adapters and see what happens.

A new 13 amp mains plug is far cheaper than any adapter and safer. If you can’t fit one yourself find someone who can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back