Trend Airshield/pro/m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You may not need APF40 protection but if you do, this seems to be one heckuva deal:
https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/12081/sn/TREAIRPROM

It was already cheap without them, but the ear-defenders go for £50 individually and they're included.

It's listed as VAT-free, don't know why. I initially thought this was something to do with VAT-free PPE during COVID, but most sites don't list this item as VAT-free and have the usual two prices. I did see one other site listing this as VAT-free.

Still, if they have made a mistake with VAT it's on them.

regards,
S.

Sponsored Links
I had one job where I was given one of those, because I was a beardie at the time. In summer that nice cool air blowing down over the forehead and across the face is really rather nice - in winter, however, in the cold, it's bloody awful

Dust filtration is pretty good, though

VAT on PPE is odd.

AFAIK, it should be zero VAT if sold to a regular punter, but if sold business to business (ie VAT registered) it is OK to charge 20% given that the buyer can claim it back anyway.

When looking for safety boots, I have emailed online retailers that automatically charge VAT. They couldn't be bothered to reply. I guess they aren't interested in someone who will only purchase one pair.

A while back I considered purchasing some Timberland Pro boots from the USA, that was until I discovered that I had to pay duties and VAT. VAT which I could not claim back.

DM Tools sell to both trade and domestic- By law, they have to show prices with VAT. I guess that is part of the reason that they show the zero VAT rate. Great company though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back