Trevor Sinclar

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I've never heard of Trevor Sinclair but I do feel sorry for him and his distress, and I'd like to point out that he is free to move to another country if he doesn't like ours.

I've never heard of Trevor Sinclair but I do feel sorry for him and his distress, and I'd like to point out that he is free to move to another country if he doesn't like ours.

He will then be even more less known

Sponsored Links
You have a wonderful weird way with words.

Let's take Ruud Gullit come out with such bigotry!!

He's known around the world he's respected and one of the best footballers to walk this earth.
He's got a wider audience who listen and are interested in what he has to say.

Trevor Sinclar isn't / hasn't

Bitter and twisted ex footballer who has lost the limelight of playing in front of adoring fans?

Let's take Ruud Gullit come out with such bigotry!!

He's known around the world he's respected and one of the best footballers to walk this earth.
He's got a wider audience who listen and are interested in what he has to say.

Trevor Sinclar isn't / hasn't
I blame Ruud Gullit for starting the trend of referring to A.C Milan as "Meeelan".
Bloody ridiculous. You'd never say "I'm off to Meelan this weekend" would you?

I blame Ruud Gullit for starting the trend of referring to A.C Milan as "Meeelan".
Nor would you say Kayeev.

I love that Man. He was part of the turning point of why Chelsea are where we are now.
Glenn Hoddle being the main man.

I love that Man. He was part of the turning point of why Chelsea are where we are now.
Glenn Hoddle being the main man.
He was a great player, although i always liked the way Zola could make a football sing when he wanted to. Hard to believe Chelsea only paid £4.5m for him. I really thought they had the missing piece when Desailly signed for 'em. The complete defender and a bloody long way to go around him.

Zola I think is mosts favourite all time player. one of the best the prem has seen.

Desailly was a world champ who knew how to conduct himself. Jimmy Floyd was another.... great bunch of players just before the Roman turned up.

Trevor Sinclair had his day in the late 90s, early 00s, playing for QPR and reached his peak playing for England at the 2002 World Cup on the wing, opposite David Beckham. He wasn't a bad player and i don't think he's a bad man; misguided with his opinion in this case but not necessarily racist.
It's an instance where someone like Kelvin Mackenzie can exploit the situation by highlighting bigotry by a black person - like Nick Griffin did in Oldham when Asian youths made part of the town a no-go area for white people, sparking riots and inflaming racial tension.

when Asian youths made part of the town a no-go area for white people, sparking riots and inflaming racial tension.

They and their parents had suffered decades of racial abuse, so a few reacted. Creating a no-go area was not their objective. This no-go area was merely a title attached to the few revenge attacks which occurred, in order to exacerbate the problem.

'No go for whites' in race hotspot​

Community leaders in Oldham dispute police claims over attacks by Asian gangs

The claims of no go areas were greeted with scepticism yesterday by police and community leaders and also by some young people. But there was evidence of a simmering distrust between the police and young Asian men - of a generation who are both physically stronger and cockier than their immigrant parents.

Not acceptable, I agree, but understandable after the decades of racism they had suffered, with little protection, or even hostility from the supposed guardians of justice and peace.
If they had been allowed to live in peace and harmony, do you honestly think they would have reacted so badly?

Last edited:
They and their parents had suffered decades of racial abuse, so a few reacted. Creating a no-go area was not their objective. This no-go area was merely a title attached to the few revenge attacks which occurred, in order to exacerbate the problem.

Not acceptable, I agree, but understandable after the decades of racism they had suffered, with little protection, or even hostility from the supposed guardians of justice and peace.
If they had been allowed to live in peace and harmony, do you honestly think they would have reacted so badly?
They intended to create a no-go area in retaliation for the abuse suffered by their parents and themselves over many years - and in similar circumstances i'd probably do the same thing. You can keep the lid on a pressure cooker for so long but when the BBC turned up the heat with a broadcast on R4, the issue exploded into violence and recrimination.
David Dimbleby recalled the time in a programme on BBC2 last night and if you missed it, i recommend catch-up on IPlayer. He invited Nick Griffin of the BNP to come on Question Time to explain the position of English Nationalists in front of a live audience alongside Bonnie Greer and then Home Secretary Jack Straw. He was set upon from all sides and left the auditorium in tatters. The BNP never really recovered and it's one of those moments when the BBC showed how powerful democracy can be when open debate is allowed to flourish, rather than allowing the resentment to fester and grow into hate.

They intended to create a no-go area in retaliation for the abuse suffered by their parents and themselves over many years -
That's where we disagree.
It was just some revenge attacks, at first. Only when the press assigned the title "no-go areas", that any such thing entered the consciousness of the young people involved.
Creating a no-area was way above the ambition of the youth of that day. The term 'no-go area' was assigned to indicate the seriousness of the problem, and only when revenge attacks against white people were occurring.
The community leaders and the police denied any such existence of no-go areas.'

Scepticism

The claims of no go areas were greeted with scepticism yesterday by police and community leaders and also by some young people.

and in similar circumstances i'd probably do the same thing. You can keep the lid on a pressure cooker for so long but when the BBC turned up the heat with a broadcast on R4, the issue exploded into violence and recrimination.
David Dimbleby recalled the time in a programme on BBC2 last night and if you missed it, i recommend catch-up on IPlayer. He invited Nick Griffin of the BNP to come on Question Time to explain the position of English Nationalists in front of a live audience alongside Bonnie Greer and then Home Secretary Jack Straw. He was set upon from all sides and left the auditorium in tatters. The BNP never really recovered and it's one of those moments when the BBC showed how powerful democracy can be when open debate is allowed to flourish, rather than allowing the resentment to fester and grow into hate.
Yes I watched it.
DD has gone up in my estimation.

Sponsored Links
Back