Trianco Eurostar wm not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a trainco wall mounted oil boiler. It is a standard fill from header tank system. The boiler fires and heats only about 2 m of pipe work. The pump and 3 way valve are all ok. I have drained it off until empty and re filled it but still no good, could it be fured up? I'm at a loss

Sponsored Links
More info needed, does it lockout and need to be reset, or does it get to temperature and switch off?

Hi Paul. No it does not lock out, it gets to temperature then shuts out. After a while it starts up again I guess due to the water cooling down. It seems to heat the water to around 2m of the pipe. The boiler does sound likes the water is hissing inside just after it cuts off. No other noises though. I thought it was circulation but I changed the pump and valve. I also bled the system

Are you sure the pump is working? Have you bled the pump?Otherwise, you must have an airlock.

Sponsored Links
System and boiler off, undo big silver screw on pump with flat blade screwdriver untill nothing but water comes out.

Have you bled any bleed points on the pipe work?

Hi, just done the pump and bled all rads until no air. It just seems the water is not moving.

Cheers. Last time I bother you. I bought a second hand pump and fitted it. Could be bad luck that that one was also knackered. I ran all the water out the system and it ran fairly clear and also filled up ok

Cheers. Last time I bother you. I bought a second hand pump and fitted it. Could be bad luck that that one was also knackered. I ran all the water out the system and it ran fairly clear and also filled up ok

Yes you can have clear water and still have a blockage.
Second hand pump. Well asking for trouble.
Still the pump or a blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back